844. Nusrath Unissa A, Selvakumar N, Narayanan S, Narayanan PR. Molecular analysis of isoniazid-resistant clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from India. Int J Antimicrob Agents.2008;31:7175.
845. Gopalaswamy R, Narayanan S, Jacobs WR Jr, Av-Gay Y. Mycobacterium smegmatis biofilm formation and sliding motility are affected by the serine/threonine protein kinase PknF. FEMS Microbiol Lett.2008;278:121127.
846. Kolappan C, Subramani R, Kumaraswami V, Santha T, Narayanan PR. Excess mortality and risk factors for mortality among a cohort of TB patients from rural south India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2008;12:8186.
847. Raghu B, Venkatesan P. Effect of n-3 fatty acid supplementation on blood glucose, lipid profile and cytokines in humans: a pilot study. Indian J Clin Biochem.2008;23:85-88.
848. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Limitations of conducting community surveys to assess the epidemiological impact of TB control programmes on the incidence of TB. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:1-4.**
849. Ganapathy S, Thomas BE, Jawahar MS, Josephine K, Sivasubramaniam, Weiss M. Perceptions of gender and tuberculosis in a south Indian urban community. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:9-14.
850. Gopi PG, Subramani R, Chandrasekaran V, Santha T, Narayanan PR. Impact of improved treatment success on the prevalence of TB in a rural community based on active surveillance. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:22-27.
851. Jayakumar D, Jacobs WR Jr, Narayanan S. Protein kinase E of Mycobacterium tuberculosis has a role in the nitric oxide stress response and apoptosis in a human macrophage model of infection. Cell Microbiol.2008; 10 :365374.
852. Swaminathan S, Subbaraman R, Venkatesan P, Subramanyam S, Kumar SR, Mayer KH, Narayanan PR. Tuberculin skin test results in HIV-infected patients in India: implications for latent tuberculosis treatment. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2008;12:168173.
853. Swaminathan S, Deivanayagam CN, Rajsekaran S, Venkatesan P, Padmapriyadarsini C, Menon PA, Ponnuraja C, Dilip M. Long term follow up of HIV-infected patients with tuberculosis treated with 6-month intermittent short course chemotherapy. Natl Med J India.2008;21(1):3-8.
854. Swaminathan S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Sukumar B, Iliyas S, Ramesh Kumar S, Triveni C, Gomathy P, Thomas B, Mathew M, Narayanan PR. Nutritional status of persons with HIV infection, persons with HIV infection and tuberculosis, and HIV-negative individuals from southern India. Clin Infect Dis.2008;46:946-949.
855. Lakshminarayan H , Narayanan S , Bach H , Sundaram KG , Av-Gay Y . Molecular cloning and biochemical characterization of a serine threonine protein kinase, PknL, from Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Protein Expr Purif.2008;58:309-317.
856. Pokkali S, Das SD, Logamurthy R. Expression of CXC and CC type of chemokines and its receptors in tuberculous and non-tuberculous effusions. Cytokine.2008;41:307-314.
857. Prabha C, Rajashree P, Das SD. TLR2 and TLR4 expression on the immune cells of tuberculous pleural fluid. Immunol Lett.2008;117:26-34.
858. Raja A, Ranganathan UD, Bethunaickan R. Improved diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis by detection of antibodies against multiple Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis.2008;60: 361-368.
859. Dusthackeer A, Kumar V, Subbian S, Sivaramakrishnan G, Zhu G, Subramanyam B, Hassan S, Nagamaiah S, Chan J, Narayanan PR. Construction and evaluation of luciferase reporter phages for the detection of active and non-replicating tubercle bacilli. J Microbiol Methods.2008;73: 18-25.
860. Vasantha M, Gopi PG, Subramani R. Survival of tuberculosis patients treated under DOTS in a rural tuberculosis unit (TU), south India. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:64-69.
861. Thomas A, Chandrasekaran V, Joseph P, Rao VB, Patil AB, Jain DK, Chowdhary D, Saibabu, Mahapatra S, Devi S, Wares F, Narayanan PR. Increased yield of smear positive pulmonary TB cases by screening patients with > 2 weeks cough, compared to > 3 weeks and adequacy of 2 sputum smear examinations for diagnosis. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:77-83.
862. Rajavelu P, Das SD. Expression of co-stimulatory molecules B7.1 & B7.2 on macrophages infected with various strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis & its influence on T-cell apoptosis. Indian J Med Res.2008;127:388-394.
863. Rajashree P, Das SD . Infection with prevalent clinical strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis leads to differential maturation of monocyte derived dendritic cells. Immunol Lett.2008;117:174-180.
864. Bakshi S, Ramachandran G, Ramesh K, Hemanthkumar AK, Anitha S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Menon PA, Rajasekaran S, Swaminathan S. Study of ABCB1 polymorphism (C3435T) in HIV-1-infected individuals from South India. Br J Clin Pharmacol.2008;65:791-792. **
865. Ramakrishnan K, Shenbagarathai R, Kavitha K, Uma A, Balasubramaniam R, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P. Serum Zinc and Albumin Levels in Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients with and without HIV. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2008; 61: 202-204 .
866. Selvaraj P, Alagarasu K, Harishankar M, Vidyarani M, Narayanan PR. Regulatory region polymrophisms of vitamin D receptor gene in pulmonary tuberculosis patients and normal healthy subjects of south India. Int J Immunogenet.2008;35:251-254.
867. Narayanan S , Gagneux S , Hari L , Tsolaki AG , Rajasekhar S , Narayanan PR , Small PM , Holmes S , Deriemer K . Genomic interrogation of ancestral Mycobacterium tuberculosis from south India. Infect Genet Evol.2008;8:474-483.
868. Weiss MG, Somma D, Karim F, Abouihia A, Auer C, Kemp J, Jawahar MS. Cultural epidemiology of TB with reference to gender in Bangladesh, India and Malawi. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2008;12:837847.
869. Gosoniu GD, Ganapathy S, Kemp J, Auer C, Somma D, Karim F, Weiss MG. Gender and socio-cultural determinants of delay to diagnosis of TB in Bangladesh, India and Malawi. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2008;12:848855.
870. Somma D, Thomas BE, Karim F, Kemp J, Arias N, Auer C, Gosoniu GD, Abouihia A, Weiss MG. Gender and socio-cultural determinants of TB-related stigma in Bangladesh, India, Malawi and Colombia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis;2008;12:856-866.
871. Senbagavalli R, Geetha ST, Karunakaran K, Banu Rekha VV, Venkatesan P, Ramanathan VD. Reduced erythrocyte CR1 levels in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis is an acquired phenomenon. Clin Immunol.2008;128:109-115.
872. Selvaraj P, Alagarasu K, Harishankar M, Vidyarani M, Rajeswari DN, Narayanan PR. Cytokine gene polymorphisms and cytokine levels in pulmonary tuberculosis. Cytokine.2008; 43:26-33.
873. Muniyandi M, Ramachandran R. Socioeconomic inequalities of tuberculosis in India. Expert Opin Pharmacother.2008;9:1623-1628.
874. Selvaraj P, Vidyarani M, Alagarasu K, Prabhu Anand S, Narayanan PR. Regulatory role of promoter and 3' UTR variants of vitamin D receptor gene on cytokine response in pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Immunol.2008;28: 306-313.
875. Subramani R, Radhakrishna S, Frieden TR, Kolappan C, Gopi PG, Santha T, Wares F, Selvakumar N, Narayanan, PR. Rapid decline in prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis after DOTS implementation in a rural area of South India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2008;12:916920.
876. Muniyandi M, Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Narayanan PR. A comparison of costs to patients with tuberculosis treated in a DOTS programme with those in a non-DOTS programme in south India . J Health Management.2008;10:9-24.
877. Venkatesan P. Markov chain Monte Carlo methods in Bayesian inference. In: Applied Bayesian Statistical Analysis. Proceedings of NSABSA,2008;9-18.
878. Venkatesan P, Srinivasan R. Bayesian models for HIV-AIDS in India . A spatial analysis. In: Applied Bayesian Statistical Analysis. Proceedings of NSABSA, 2008;51-56.
879. Venkatesan P, Ponnuraja C. Bayesian separate and joint modeling for controlled clinical trial data using BUGS. In: Applied Bayesian Statistical Analysis. Proceedings of NSABSA, 2008;132-138.
880. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V, Dhananjayan G, Rahmah N, Abhilash G, Ramesh C. Lymphoscintigraphic evidence of lymph vessel dilation in the limbs of children with Brugia malayi infection. J Commun Dis.2008;40:91- 100.
881. Gupta RN, Wyatt GE, Swaminathan S, Rewari BB, Locke TF, Ranganath V, Sumner LA, Liu H. Correlates of relationship, psychological, and sexual behavioral factors for HIV risk among Indian women. Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol.2008;14(3):256-265.
882. Cobelens FG, Heldal E, Kimerling ME, Mitnick CD, Podewils LJ, Ramachandran R, Rieder HL, Weyer K, Zignol M; Working Group on MDR-TB of the Stop TB Partnership. Scaling up programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis:A prioritized research agenda. PLoS Med.2008;5:1037-1042.
883. Gopi PG, Subramani R, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of different types of chest symptoms for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis cases in community surveys. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:116-121.
884. Gopi PG, Prasad VV, Vasantha M, Subramani R, Tholkappian AS, Sargunan D, Narayanan PR. Annual Risk of Tuberculosis infection in Chennai City. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:157-161.
885. Swaminathan S, Hanna LE, Sundaramurthi JC, Leonard A, Angayarkanni B, Francis AC, Lakshmi S, Nayak K. Prevalence and pattern of cross-reacting antibodies to HIV in patients with tuberculosis. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses.2008;24:941-946.
886. Banu Rekha VV, Swaminathan S. Drugs used in tuberculosis and leprosy. Book published by Eronson, Elsevier, titled, Side effects of drug annuals Edition 30.2008;357-363.
887. Rajashree P, Supriya P, Das SD. Differential migration of human monocyte- derived dendritic cells after infection with prevalent clinical strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Immunobiology.2008;213:567-575.
888. Selvakumar N, Premkumar M, Kumar V, Gopi PG, Sivagamasundari S, Prabhakaran E, Narayanan PR. Phenol ammonium sulphate basic fuchsin staining of sputum in pot for the detection of acid-fast bacilli. Indian J Med Res.2008;128:194-197.
889. Selvaraj P, Raghavan S, Swaminathan S, Alagarasu K, Narendran G, Narayanan PR. HLA -DQB1 and -DPB1 allele profile in HIV infected patients with and without pulmonary tuberculosis of south India. Infect Genet Evol.2008;8:664-671.
890. Swaminathan S, Datta M, Radhamani MP, Mathew S, Reetha AM, Rajajee S, Mathew R, Radhakrishnan A, Raghu MB. A profile of bacteriologically confirmed pulmonary tuberculosis in children. Indian Pediatr.2008;45:743-747.
891. Narayanan PR, Gopi PG, Subramani R, Santha T, Chandrasekaran V, Muniyandi M, Radhakrishnan S. DOTS reaches socially marginalized population in the community : A study from a rural area of south India . J Commun. Dis.2008;40:199-204.
892. Rao VG, Gopi PG, Yadav R, Sadacharam K, Bhat J, Subramani R, Anvikar AR, Tiwari BK, Vasantha M, Bhondeley MK, Gadge V, Eusuff SI, Shukla GP. Tuberculous infection in Saharia, a primitive tribal community of Central India . Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg.2008;102:898-904.
893. Talaat KR, Kumarasamy N, Swaminathan S, Gopinath R, Nutman TB. Filarial/Human immunodeficiency virus coinfection in urban southern India . Am J Trop Med Hyg.2008;79:558-560.
894. Jagarajamma K, Ramachandran R, Charles N, Chandrasekaran V, Muniyandi M, Ganapathy S. Psycho-social dysfunction: Perceived and enacted stigma among tuberculosis patients registered under Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme. Indian J Tuberc.2008;55:179-187.
895. Dusthackeer A, Hassan S, Kumar V. Tape measure protein having MT3 motif facilitates phage entry into stationary phase cells of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Comput Biol Chem.2008;32:367-369.
896. Supriya P, Prabha C, Das SD. Diagnostic utility of interferon-γ induced protein of 10kDa (IP-10) in tuberculous pleurisy. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis.2008;62:186-192.
897. Williams B, Gopi PG, Borgdorff MW, Yamada N, Dye C. The design effect and cluster samples: optimising tuberculosis prevalence surveys. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2008;12:11101115.
898. Rao VG, Gopi PG, Yadav R, Subramani R, Bhat J, Anvikar AR, Sadacharam K, Tiwari BK, Gadge V, Bhondeley MK, Shukla GP, Ukey M, Jain S, Wares DF. Annual risk of tuberculosis infection among tribal population of central India . Trop Med Int Health.2008;13:1372-1377.
899. Swaminathan S, Narendran G. HIV and tuberculosis in India . J Biosci.2008;33: 527-537.
900. Kumar V, Prabakaran L, Gomathi S, Kriakov J, Dusthakeer A, Balaji S, Chan J, Jacobs WR Jr., Narayanan PR. Characterization of temperate phage Che12 and construction of a new tool for diagnosis of tuberculosis. Tuberculosis.2008; 88:616-623.
901. Rao PV, Rajasekaran S, Raja A. Augumentation of natural killer activity with exogenous interleukins in patients with HIV and pulmonary tuberculosis coinfection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses.2008;24:1435-1443.
902. Rajavelu P, Supriya P, Umashankar P, Bhatt K, Narayanan PR, Salgame P, Das SD. Comparative evaluation of cytokines, T-cell apoptosis, and costimulatory molecule expression in tuberculous and nontuberculous pleurisy. Clin Transl Sci.2008;1:209-214.
903. Jain R, Dey B, Dhar N, Rao V, Singh R, Gupta UD, Katoch VM, Ramanathan VD, Tyagi AK. Enhanced and enduring protection against tuberculosis by recombinant BCG-Ag85C and its association with modulation of cytokine profile in lung. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:1-11.
904. Prabha C, Supriya P, Das SD, Sukumar B, Balaji S. Leptin response in patients with tuberculous pleuritis. Indian J Med Res.2008;128:721-727.
905. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Gopi PG, Sivagamasundari S, Narayanan PR. Pot method for storage & detection of acid-fast bacilli from sputum samples. Indian J Med Res.2008;128:765-768.
906. Swaminathan S, Antony L, Venkatesan P, Hanna LE, Angayarkanni B, Ponnuraja C, Robin J, Precilla KL, Ramachandran R. Sensitivity & specificity of combination testing algorithms for HIV in a tuberculosis clinic. Indian J Med Res.2008;128:772-774.
907. Hemanth Kumar AK, Ramachandran G, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Menon P, Narayanan PR, Swaminathan S. Pharmacokinetics of rifampicin during antiretroviral treatment with non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors. SAARC J Tuber Lung Dis HIV/AIDS.2008;V:1-5.
908. Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Venkatesan V, Anitha S, Tharani CB, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Single dose pharmacokinetics of lamivudine in healthy volunteers: comparison of blood and urine kinetics. SAARC J Tuber Lung Dis HIV/AIDS.2008;V:6-9.
909. Thiruvalluvan E, Shenbagavalli R, Mohana M. Influence of stigma and shame in HIV screening among women in prostitution. SAARC J Tuber Lung Dis HIV/AIDS.2008;V:16-22.
910. Subramanian T, Gupte MD, Paranjape RS, Brahmam GNV, Ramakrishnan L, Adhikary R, Kangusamy B, Thomas BE, Kallam S, Girish CPK for the IBBA Study Team. HIV, sexually transmitted infections and sexual behaviour of male clients of female sex workers in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra , India : results of a cross-sectional survey. AIDS.2008;22:S69S79.
911. Ravanan R, Venkatesan P. Some mew approaches for modeling the incubation period of HIV/AIDS epidemic. Int J Computer, Mathemat Sci App.2008;2:223- 236.
** - Abstracts not available