783. Chandrasekaran V, Gopi PG, Santha T, Subramani R, Narayanan PR. Status of re-registered patients for tuberculosis treatment under DOTS programme. Indian J Tuber.2007;54:12-16.
784. Rathinasabapati R. Health information literacy: librarians' role. National Seminar on Information Literacy and Higher Education, Dept. of Inf Science, Univ of Madras, Jan.29-30, 2007;1-11.
785. Selvam JM, Wares F, Perumal M, Gopi PG, Sudha G, Chandrasekaran V, Santha T . Health-seeking behaviour of new smear-positive TB patients under a DOTS programme in Tamil Nadu, India, 2003. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2007;11:161-167.
786. Rajavelu P, Das SD. A correlation between phagocytosis and apoptosis in THP-1 cells infected with prevalent strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Microbiol Immunol.2007;51:201-210.
787. Rathinasabapati R. Designing digital architecture with intelligent building for information access at the Tuberculosis Research Centre, Chennai. International Conference on Semantic Web and Digital Libraries, DRTC, ISI, Bangalaore, Feb.21-23, 2007 ;1-13.
788. Kumar V, Balaji S, Gomathi NS, Venkatesan P, Sekar G, Jayasankar K, Narayanan PR. Phage cocktail to control the exponential growth of normal flora in processed sputum specimens grown overnight in liquid medium for rapid TB diagnosis. J Microbiol Methods.2007;68:536-542.
789. Sivakumar PM, Sreenivasan SP, Kumar V, Doble M. Synthesis, antimycobacterial activity evaluation, and QSAR studies of chalcone derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett.2007;17:1695-1700.
790. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V, Padma S, Rahman N, Abhilash G, Ramesh C. Doppler ultrasonography reveals adult-worm nests in the lymph vessels of children with brugian filariasis. Ann Trop Med Parasitol.2007; 101:173-180.
791. Tuberculosis Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Chennai, India. Additional risk of developing TB for household members with a TB case at home at intake:a 15-year study. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2007;11:282288.
792. Prabha C, Jalapathy KV, Matsa RP, Das SD. Differential T helper cell response in tuberculous pleuritis. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2007;25:18-23.
793. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V, Rahman N, Dhananjayan G, Padma S, Abhilash G, Ramesh C. Preliminary findings from a cross-sectinal study on lymphatic filariasis in children, in an area of India endemic for Brugia malayi infection. Ann Trop Med Parasitol.2007;101:205-213.
794. Joseph MR, Shoby CT, Amma GR, Chauhan LS, Paramasivan CN. Surveillance of anti-tuberculosis drug resistance in Ernakulam Distrct, Kerala State, South India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2007;11:443-449.
795. Gomathi NS, Sameer H, Kumar V, Balaji S, Dustackeer VN, Narayanan PR. In silico analysis of mycobacteriophage Che12 genome: characterization of genes required to lysogenise Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Comput Biol Chem. 2007;31:82-91.
796. Sulochana S, Narayanan S, Paramasivan CN, Suganthi C, Narayanan PR. Analysis of Fluoroquinolone resistance in clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from India. J Chemother.2007;19:166-171.
797. Gopi PG, Vasantha M, Muniyandi M, Chandrasekaran V, Balasubramanian R, Narayanan PR. Risk factors for non-adherence to directly observed treatment (DOT) in a rural tuberculosis unit, south India. Indian J Tub.2007;54:66-70.
798. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Evaluation of a non-rifampicin continuation phase (6HE) following thrice-weekly intensive phase for the treatment of new sputum positive pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tub.2007;54:84-90.
799. Subramani R, Santha T, Frieden TR, Radhakrishna S, Gopi PG, Selvakumar N, Sadacharam K, Narayanan PR. Active community surveillance of the impact of different tuberculosis control measures, Tiruvallur, South India, 1968-2001. Int J Epidemiol.2007;36:387-393.
800. Srimathi S, Jayaraman G, Feller G, Danielsson B, Narayanan PR. Intrinsic halotolerance of the psychrophilic alpha-amylase from Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis. Extremophiles 2007;11:505-515.
801. Ridderhof JC, van Deun A, Kam KM, Narayanan PR, Aziz MA. Roles of laboratories and laboratory systems in effective tuberculosis programmes. Bull World Health Organ . 2007;85:354-359.
802. Selvakumar S, Narayanan S. Identification and characterization of the regulatory elements of the inducible acetamidase operon from Mycobacterium smegmatis . Can J Microbiol.2007;53:599-606.
803. Vinothkumar TS, Kavitha S, Lakshminarayanan L, Gomathi NS, Kumar V. Influence of irrigating needle-tip designs in removing bacteria inoculated into instrumented root canals measured using single-tube luminometer. J Endod .2007; 33:746-748.
804. Rekha VV, Swaminathan S. Childhood tuberculosis global epidemiology and the impact of HIV. Paediatr Respir Rev.2007;8:99-106.
805. Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Sarala K, Padmapriyadarsini C, Anitha S, Tharani CB, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Urine levels of rifampicin & isoniazid in asymptomatic HIV-positive individuals. Indian J Med Res.2007;125:763-766.
806. Thomas A, Ramachandran R, Rehaman F, Jaggarajamma K, Santha T, Selvakumar N, Krishnan N, Mohan NS, Sundaram V, Wares F, Narayanan PR. Management of multi drug resistance tuberculosis in the field:tuberculosis research centre experience. Indian J Tuberc.2007;54:117-124.
807. Jaggarajamma K, Sudha G, Chandrasekaran V, Nirupa C, Thomas A, Santha T, Muniyandi M, Narayanan PR. Reasons for non-compliance among patients treated under Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP), Tiruvallur District, South India. Indian J Tuberc.2007;54:130-135.
808. Gopi PG, Vasantha M, Kolappan C, Narayanan PR. Comparison of tuberculin reaction sizes at 48 and 72 hours among children in tiruvallur district, south india. Indian J Tuberc.2007;54:152-156.
809. Venkatesan P , Suresh ML. Neural network model for classifying renal failure. Book published by Allied Publishers P Ltd. on Mathematics, Computing and Modeling. Ed. P. Balasubramaniam and R. Uthayakumar. 2007;155-160.
810. Vallinayagam V, Senthamaraikannan K, Venkatesan P. A Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithm for multiple imputation of missing values. Book published by Allied Publishers P Ltd. on Mathematics, Computing and Modeling. Ed. P. Balasubramaniam and R. Uthayakumar. 2007; 257-264.
811. Venkatesan P, Porchelvan S. AIDS projection using non-parametric back- calculation method. Book published by Allied Publishers P Ltd. on Mathematics, Computing and Modeling. Ed. P. Balasubramaniam and R. Uthayakumar. 2007;283-288.
812. Nyamathi AM, Suhadev M, Swaminathan S, Fahey JL. Perceptions of a community sample about participation in future HIV vaccine trials in south India. AIDS Behav.2007;11:619-627.
813. Ramakrishnan K, Shenbagarathai R, Uma A, Kavitha K, Rajendran R, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P. Prevalence of intestinal parasitic infestation in HIV/AIDS patients with diarrhea in Madurai City, South India. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007; 60 : 209-210 .
814. Prabhu Anand S, Selvaraj P, Jawahar MS, Adhilakshmi AR, Narayanan PR. Interleukin-12B & interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res.2007;126:135-138.
815. Natarajan P, Narayanan S. Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv induces monocytic release of interleukin-6 via activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases: inhibition by N-acetyl-l-cysteine. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol.2007; 50:309-318.
816. Muniyandi M, Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Nirupa C, Gopi PG, Jaggarajamma K, Sheela F, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of post-treatment health-related quality of life (HRQoL) among tuberculosis patients. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2007;11:887892.
817. Ganga Devi NP, Rathinam SN, Ramachandran R, Swaminathan S. Recurrent herpes zoster in early childhood. Indian J Pediatr.2007; 74 : 774-776 .
818. Kolappan C, Gopi PG, Subramani R, Narayanan PR. Selected biological and behavioural risk factors associated with pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Tuber Lung Dis.2007;11:9991003.
819. Muniyandi M, Ramachandran R, Gopi PG, Chandrasekaran V, Subramani R, Sadacharam K, Kumaran P, Santha T, Wares F, Narayanan PR. The prevalence of tuberculosis in different economic strata: a community survey from South India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2007;11:10421045.
820. Soundararajan L, Karunaianandham R, Jauvin V, Schrive MH, Ramachandran R, Narayanan PR, Fleury HJ, Swaminathan S. Characterization of HIV-1 isolates from antiretroviral drug-naive children in southern India. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses.2007; 23 : 1119-1126 .
821. Swaminathan S, Narendran G, Menon PA, Padmapriyadarsini C, Arunkumar N, Sudharshanam NM, Ramesh Kumar S, Chandrasekhar S. Impact of HIV Infection on Radiographic Features in Patients with Pulmonary Tuberculosis. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci.2007;49:133-136.
822. Vidyarani M, Selvaraj P, Jawahar MS, Rajeswari DN, Anbalagan S, Narayanan PR. Intracellular granzyme A expression of peripheral blood lymphocyte subsets in pulmonary tuberculosis. Curr Sci.2007;93:823-825.
823. Gilpin C, Kim SJ, Lumb R, Rieder HL, Van Deun A, Working Group on Sputum Smear Microscopy. Critical appraisal of current recommendations and practices for tuberculosis sputum smear microscopy [Workshop Report]. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2007;11:946952.
824. Hemanth Kumar AK , Ramachandran G , Kumar P , Anitha S , Rajasekaran S , Swaminathan S . Effect of anticoagulants on plasma nevirapine and efavirenz concentrations. Ther Drug Monit.2007;29: 652-654 .
825. Harishankar M, Selvaraj P, Rajeswari DN, Anand SP, Narayanan PR. Promoter polymorphism of IL-18 gene in pulmonary tuberculosis in South Indian population. Int J Immunogenet . 2007;34: 317320.
826. Rajeswari DN, Selvaraj P, Raghavan S, Jawahar MS, Narayanan PR. Influence of HLA-DR2 on perforin-positive cells in pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Immunogenet.2007; 34: 379384.
827. Balasubramanian R, Ramanathan U, Thyagarajan K, Ramachandran R, Rajaram K, Bhaskar D, Shantharam, Hariharan RS, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of an intermittent six-month regimen in new pulmonary tuberculosis patients with diabetes mellitus. Indian J Tuber.2007;54:168-176.
828. Mathew S, Mohan NS, Rehman F, Dastageer A, Sundaram V, Paramasivan CN. Simple direct drug susceptibility tests on sputum samples for early detection of resistance in tubercle bacilli. Indian J Tuberc.2007;54:183-189.
829. Sadacharam K, Gopi PG, Chandrasekaran V, Eusuff SI, Subramani R, Santha T, Narayanan PR. Status of smear-positive TB patients at 2-3 years after initiation of treatment under a DOTS programme. Indian J Tuberc.2007;54:199-203.
830. Swaminathan S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Ponnuraja C, Sumathi CH, Rajasekaran S, Amerandran VA, Reddy MVK, Deivanayagam CN. Miliary tuberculosis in human immunodeficiency virus infected patients not on antiretroviral therapy: Clinical profile and response to short-course chemotherapy. J Postgrad Med.2007;53:228-231.
831. Flores L, Van T, Narayanan S, DeRiemer K, Kato-Maeda M, Gagneux S. Large sequence polymorphisms classify Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains with ancestral spoligotyping patterns. J Clin Microbiol.2007;45:33933395.
832. Bethunaickan R, Baulard AR, Locht C, Raja A. Antibody response in pulmonary tuberculosis against recombinant 27kDa (MPT51, Rv3803c) protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Scand J Infect Dis.2007;39:867-874.
833. Angra P, Becx-Bleumink M, Gilpin C, Joloba M, Jost K, Kam KM, Kim SJ, Lumb R, Mitarai S, Ramsay A, Ridderhof J, Rieder HL, Selvakumar N, van Beers S, van Cleeff M, Van Deun A, Vincent V. Ziehl-Neelsen staining: strong red on weak blue, or weak red under strong blue? Int J Tuber Lung Dis.2007; 11:11601161. **
834. Alagarasu K, Selvaraj P, Swaminathan S, Raghavan S, Narendran G, Narayanan PR. Mannose binding lectin gene variants and susceptibility to tuberculosis in HIV-1 infected patients of South India. Tuberculosis (Edinb).2007; 87 : 535-543.
835. Selvaraj P, Rajeswari DN, Jawahar MS, Narayanan PR. Influence of HLA-DRB1 alleles on Th1 and Th2 cytokine response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens in pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuberculosis (Edinb).2007;87:544550.
836. Rekha VV, Balasubramanian R, Swaminathan S, Ramachandran R, Rahman F, Sundaram V, Thyagarajan K, Selvakumar N, Adhilakshmi AR, Iliayas S, Narayanan PR. Sputum conversion at the end of intensive phase of Category-1 regimen in the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis patients with diabetes mellitus or HIV infection: An analysis of risk factors. Indian J Med Res. 2007; 126 : 452-458.
837. Vidyarani M, Selvaraj P, Jawahar MS, Narayanan PR. 1, 25 Dihydroxyvitamin D 3 modulated cytokine response in pulmonary tuberculosis. Cytokine.2007;40:128134.
838. Murthy MK, Parasa RR, Deenadayalan A, Sharma P, Raja A. Evaluation of the diagnostic potential of region of deletion-1encoded antigen culture filtrate protein-10 in pulmonary tuberculosis. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis.2007;59:295302.
839. Thomas BE, Ramachandran R, Anitha S, Swaminathan S. Feasibility of routine HIV testing among TB patients through a voluntary counselling and testing centre. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2007;11:12961301.
840. Aravindhan V, Sulochana S, Narayanan S, Paramasivam CN, Narayanan PR. Identification & differentiation of Mycobacterium avium & M. intracellulare by PCR- RFLP assay using the groES gene. Indian J Med Res.2007;126:575-579.
841. Ramachandran G, Hemanthkumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Anitha S, Subramanyam S, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Steady-state pharmacokinetics of Nevirapine in HIV-1 infected adults in India. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care.2007;6:251-254.
842. Swaminathan S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Ramachandran R, Menon PA, Mohan NS, Kubendiran G, Paramasivan CN. Localized pulmonary Mycobacterium avium disease in HIV-infected patients without access to HAART. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care.2007;6:264-268. **
843. Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Sukumar B, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Single dose pharmacokinetics of Efavirenz in healthy Indian subjects. SAARC J Tuberc Lung Dis. HIV/AIDS.2007;4:38-43.
** - Abstracts not available