476. Balasubramanian R, Ramachandran R. Management of non-pulmonary forms of tuberculosis : Review of TRC studies over two decades. Indian J Pediatr 2000;67:S34-S40.
477. Datta M, Gopi PG, Appegowda BN, Rao KRB, Gopalan BN. Tuberculosis in North Arcot district of Tamil Nadu - A sample survey. Indian J Tuber 2000; 47:147-154.
478. Gopinath R, Hanna LE, Kumaraswami V, Perumal V, Kavitha V, Vijayasekaran V, Nutman TB. Perturbations in Eosinophil Homeostasis following Treatment of Lymphatic Filariasis. Infect Immun 2000;68:93-99.
479. Jaggarajamma K, Thomas A, Nagarajan M. Status of long absentees among multibacillary leprosy patients admitted to a controlled clinical study. Indian J Lepr 2000;72:469-475.
480. Jawahar MS. Scrofula revisited: An update on the diagnosis and management of tuberculosis of superficial lymphnodes. Indian J Pediatr 2000;67:S28-S33.
481. Kurian SM, Selvaraj P, Sriram U, Chandra G, Narayanan PR. HLA - DR2 phenotype and circulating immune complex level in pulmonary tuberculosis. Biomed 2000;20:282-287.
482. Mathew R, Santha T. The treatment of WHO Category 1 tuberculosis with 2HRZE/6HE is indeed defensible. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2000;4:795.
483. Narayanan S, Parandaman V, Rehman F, Srinivasan C, Gomathy D, Kumaraswami V, Paramasivan CN, Ramanathan VD, Narayanan PR. Comparative evaluation of PCR using IS6110 and a new target in the detection of tuberculous lymphadenitis. Curr Sci 2000;78:1367-1370.
484. Narayanan S, Selvakumar S, Aarati R, Vasan SK, Narayanan PR. Transcriptional analysis of inducible acetamidase gene of Mycobacterium smegmatis . FEMS Microbiol Lett 2000;192:263-268.
485. Paramasivan CN. Prevalence and Microbiology of MDR-TB. Proceedings of the Seventh Round Table Conference of Ranbaxy Science Foundation, New Delhi, September 28, 2000 2000;7:57-66.
486. Paramasivan CN, Bhaskaran K, Venkataraman P, Chandrasekaran V, Narayanan PR. Surveillance of drug resistance in tuberculosis in the State of Tamilnadu. Indian J Tuber 2000;47:27-33.
487. Parandaman V, Narayanan S, Narayanan PR. Utility of polymerase chain reaction using two probes for rapid diagnosis of tubercular pleuritis in comparison to conventional methods. Indian J Med Res 2000;112:47-51.
488. Pradheep SA, Narayanan S, Vasan SK, Narayanan PR. Cloning and expression of aceA gene encoding isocitrate lyase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Curr Sci 2000;79:1585-1588.
489. Raja A, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of diagnostic tests. Proceedings of the Seventh Round Table Conference of Ranbaxy Science Foundation, New Delhi, September 28, 2000 2000;7:93-112.
490. Rajalakshmi K, Gurumuthy P, Devaraj SN. Effect of eugenol and tincture of crataegus (TCR) on in vitro oxidation of LDL + VLDL isolated from plasma of non-insulin dependent diabetic patients. Indian J Exp Biol 2000;38:509-511.
491. Selvakumar N. Multi-Drug resistant tuberculosis. Multi-drug resistance in emerging and re-emerging diseases, Ed by R.C.Mahajan, Amu Therwath, INSA, New Delhi, 2000;133-145.
492. Selvaraj P. Role of human leucocyte antigen (HLA) and non-HLA genes in susceptibility or resistance to pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 2000;47:133-138.
493. Selvaraj P, Kurian SM, Reetha AM, Charles N, Narayanan PR. Vitamin D receptor and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism in spinal tuberculosis. Curr Sci 2000;79:986-989.
494. Selvaraj P, Kurian SM, Uma H, Reetha AM, Narayanan PR. Influence of non-MHC genes on lymphocyte response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens & tuberculin reactive status in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 2000;112:86-92.
495. Selvaraj P, Narayanan PR, Reetha AM. Association of vitamin D receptor genotypes with the susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis in female patients & resistance in female contacts. Indian J Med Res 2000;111:172-179.
496. Senthil Kumar KS, Raja A, Uma Devi KR, Paranjape RS. Production & characterization of monoclonal antibodies to Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Indian J Med Res 2000;112:37-46.
497. Shenoy RK, John A, Babu BS, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V. Two-year follow-up of the microfilaraemia of asymptomatic brugian filariasis, after treatment with two, annual, single doses of ivermectin, diethylcarbamazine and albendazole, in various combinations. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 2000;94:607-614.
498. Swaminathan S. Treatment of tuberculosis. Indian J Pediatr 2000;67:S14-S20.
499. Swaminathan S, Nandini KS, Hanna LE, Somu N, Narayanan PR, Barnes PF. T-lymphocyte subpopulations in tuberculosis. Indian Pediatr 2000;37:489-495.
500. Swaminathan S, Ramachandran R, Baskaran G, Paramasivan CN, Ramanathan V, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R, Datta M. Risk of development of tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2000;4:839-844.
501. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Chemotherapy of drug resistant tuberculosis: the Tuberculosis Research Centre experience over 40 years. Indian J Tuber 2000;47:201-210.
502. Vijayan VK, Reetha AM, Kuppu Rao KV, Venkatesan P, Thilakavathy S. Pulmonary function in normal south Indian children aged 7 to 19 years. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2000;42:147-156.
503. Balambal R. Profile of DOT providers in private sector. Indian J Tuber 2001;48:73-75.
504. Choi EH, Zimmerman PA, Foster CB, Zhu S, Kumaraswami V, Nutman TB, Chanock SJ. Genetic polymorphisms in molecules of innate immunity and susceptibility to infection with Wuchereria bancrofti in south India. Genes Immun 2001;2:248-253.
505. Datta M, Swaminathan S. Global aspects of tuberculosis in children. Paediatr Respir Rev 2001;2:91-96.
506. Deenabandhu DA, Britto LJD, Emmanuel M, Palla JP, Babu GR, Thomas A, Vallishayee RS, Mahalingam VN, Gupte MD. A comparative trial of single dose chemotherapy in paucibacillary leprosy patients with two to three skin lesions. 2-3 Lesion Multicentre Trial Group. Indian J Lep 2001;73:131-143.
507. Geetharamani S, Muniyandi M, Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Theresa X, Venkatesan P. Socio-economic impact of parental tuberculosis on children. Indian J Tuber 2001;48:91-94.
508. Immanuel C, Hemanth Kumar AK. Simple and rapid high-performance liquid chromatography for the determination of ofloxacin concentrations in plasma and urine. J Chromatogr B 2001;760:91-95.
509. Immanuel C, Rajeswari R, Rahman F, Kumaran PP, Chandrasekaran V, Swamy R. Serial evaluation of serum neopterin in HIV seronegative patients treated for tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2001;5:185-189.
510. Kurian SM, Selvaraj P, Reetha AM, Charles N, Mathan AA, Naryanan PR. Immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis culture filtrate antigen in cured spinal tuberculosis patients and their spouses. Indian J Tuber 2001;48:3-7.
511. Mani C, Selvakumar N, Narayanan S, Narayanan PR. Mutations in the rpo B gene of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates from India. J Clin Microbiol 2001;39:2987-2990.
512. Mathew S, Paramasivan CN. Use of vancomycin in the culture of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from gastric lavage. Indian J Med Res 2001;113:125-128.
513. Narayanan S, Parandaman V, Narayanan PR, Venkatesan P, Girish C, Mahadevan S, Rajajee S. Evaluation of PCR using TRC 4 and IS6110 primers in detection of tuberculous meningitis. J Clin Microbiol 2001;39:2006-2008.
514. Narayanan S, Vishwanath V, Narayanan PR. Differential expression of a unique protein by intracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex. Curr Sci 2001;81:689-692.
515. Nirmala R, Narayanan PR, Mathew R, Maran M, Deivanayagam CN. Reduced NK activity in pulmonary tuberculosis patients with/without HIV infection: identifying the defective stage and studying the effect of interleukins on NK activity. Tuberculosis 2001;81:343-352.
516. Nutman TB, Kumaraswami V. Regulation of the immune response in lymphatic filariasis: perspectives on acute and chronic infection with Wuchereria bancrofti in south India. Parasite Immunol 2001;23:389-399.
517. Paramasivan CN, Rahman F, Nalini S, Dakshayani G, Venkataraman P. Comparison of different methods of assessing in vitro resistance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to rifampicin. Indian J Med Res 2001;114:187- 191.
518. Rahmah N, Lim BH, Anuar AK, Shenoy RK, Kumaraswami V, Hakim SL, Chotechuang P, Kanjanopas K, Ramachandran CP. A recombinant antigen-based IgG4 ELISA for the specific and sensitive detection of Brugia malayi infection. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 2001;95:280-284.
519. Rahmah N, Taniawati S, Shenoy RK, Lim BH, Kumaraswami V, Anuar AK, Hakim SL, Hayati MIN, Chan BT, Suharni M, Ramachandran CP. Specificity and sensitivity of a rapid dipstick test ( Brugia Rapid ) in the detection of Brugia malayi infection. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 2001;95:601-604.
520. Raja A, Acharyulu G, Selvaraj P, Khudoos A. Evaluation of antibody level to purified mycobacterial antigens for identification of tuberculous infection. Biomedicine 2001;21:63-69.
521. Raja A, Ranganathan UD, Bethunaickan R, Dharmalingam V. Serologic response to a secreted and a cytosolic antigen of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in childhood tuberculosis. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2001;20:1161-1164.
522. Selvaraj P, Kannapiran M, Kurian SM, Narayanan PR. Effect of plasma lysozyme on live Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Curr Sci 2001;81:201-203.
523. Selvaraj P, Sriram U, Kurian SM, Reetha AM, Narayanan PR. Tumour necrosis factor alpha (-238 and -308) and beta gene polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis: haplotype analysis with HLA-A, B and DR genes. Tuberculosis 2001;81:335-341.
524. Sriram U, Selvaraj P, Kurian SM, Reetha AM, Narayanan PR. HLA-DR2 subtypes & immune responses in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 2001;113:117-124.
525. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Trends in the prevalence and incidence of tuberculosis in south India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2001;5:142-157.
526. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Low rate of emergence of drug resistance in sputum positive patients treated with short course chemotherapy. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2001;5:40-45.
527. Uma Devi KR, Rmalingam B, Brennan PJ, Narayanan PR, Raja A. Specific and early detection of IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies to Mycobacterium tuberculosis 38kDa antigen in pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuberculosis 2001;81:249-253.
528. Vivekanandhan A, Das S. In vivo study on dual-signal hypothesis and its correlation to immune response using mycobacterial antigen. Curr Sci 2001;81:301-304.
529. Balamurugan K, Rajaram R, Ramasami T, Narayanan S. Chromium(III)-induced apoptosis of lymphocytes: death decision by ROS and Src-family tyrosine kinases. Free Radic Biol Med 2002;33:1622-1640.
530. Chakravarthy S, Singh RB, Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P. Prevalence of asthma in urban and rural children in Tamil Nadu. Natl Med J India 2002;15:260-263.
531. Gajalakshmi P, Balasundaram A, Venkatesan P, Santhiya ST, Ramesh A. Cytogenetic studies on spray painters in south India. Mutat Res 2002;514:1-6.
532. Gajalakshmi P, Mallick P, Venkatesan P, Santhiya ST, Ramesh A. Studies on sister chromatid exchanges in peripheral lymphocytes of spray painters. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 2002;21:63-65.
533. Gurumurthy P, Kumar AKH, Rajaseharan A, Rehman F, Sekar L, Narayanan PR. Pharmacokinetics of ofloxacin, rifampicin, isoniazid and pyrazinamide when administered alone and in combinations. Biomedicine 2002;22:13-26.
534. Immanuel C, Hemanthkumar AK, Gurumurthy P, Venkatesan P. Dose related pharmacokinetics of ofloxacin in healthy volunteers. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:1017-1022.
535. Jayasankar K, Shakila H, Umapathy KC, Ramanathan VD. Biochemical and histochemical changes pertaining to active and healed cutaneous tuberculosis. Br J Dermatol 2002;146:977-982.
536. Kamalakannan V, Ramachandran G, Narayanan S, Vasan SK, Narayanan PR. Identification of a novel mycobacterial transcriptional regulator and its involvement in growth rate dependence and stringent control. FEMS Microbiol Lett 2002;209:261-266.
537. Kolappan C, Gopi PG. Tobacco smoking and pulmonary tuberculosis. Thorax 2002;57:964-966.
538. Madhavan R, Porkodi R, Rajendran CP, Chandrasekaran AN, Umadevi KR, Alamelu R. IgM, IgG, and IgA response to enterobacteria in patients with ankylosing spondylitis in southern India. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2002;958:408-411.
539. Narayanan S, Das S, Garg R, Hari L, Rao VB, Frieden TR, Narayanan PR. Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis in a rural area of high prevalence in south India: implications for disease control and prevention. J Clin Microbiol 2002;40:4785-4788.
540. Nirmala R, Mathew R, Narayanan PR. Reduced cytokine secretions by LAK cells of pulmonary tuberculosis patients in response to tumor targets in vitro . J Interferon Cytokine Res 2002;22:617-620.
541. Nirmala R, Narayanan PR. Flow cytometry--a rapid tool to correlate functional activities of human peripheral blood lymphocytes with their corresponding phenotypes after in vitro stimulation. BMC Immunol 2002;3:1-7.
542. Paramasivan CN. The need for alternative to BCG. In : Drs. Raghunath & R Nayak, editors. Second Sir Dorabji Tata Symposium Series, 2001, New Delhi: Publishers : Tata McGraw - Hill Publishing Company Ltd 2002;231-237.
543. Paramasivan CN, Venkataraman P, Chandrasekaran V, Bhat S, Narayanan PR. Surveillance of drug resistance in tuberculosis in two districts of south India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:479-484.
544. Raja A, Uma Devi KR, Ramalingam B, Brennan PJ. Immunoglobulin G, A, and M responses in serum and circulating immune complexes elicited by the 16-kilodalton antigen of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 2002;9:308-312.
545. Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Bose MSC, Sekar L, Rahman F. Private pharmacies in tuberculosis control-a neglected link. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:171-173.
546. Rajeswari R, Chandrasekaran V, Suhadev M, Sivasubramaniam S, Sudha G, Renu G. Factors associated with patient and health system delays in the diagnosis of tuberculosis in south India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:789-795.
547. Ramachandran G, Gurumurthy P. Purification of cytochrome P-450 in mycobacteria. Curr Sci 2002; 83:873-877.
548. Ramachandran G, Gurumurthy P. Effect of rifampicin & isoniazid on cytochrome P-450 in mycobacteria. Indian J Med Res 2002;116:140-144.
549. Ramachandran R, Paramasivan CN. What is new in the diagnosis of Tuberculosis? Part I: Techniques for diagnosis of tuberculosis. Part II: Techniques for drug susceptibility testing. ICMR Bulletin 2002;32:71-85.
550. Ramachandran R, Swaminathan S, Somasundaram S, Asgar VN, Paramesh P, Paramasivan CN. Mycobacteremia in tuberculosis patients with HIV infection. Indian J Tuber 2002;50:29-31.
551. Uma Devi KR, Senthil Kumar KS, Ramalingam B, Alamelu R. Purification and characterization of three immunodominant Proteins (38, 30, and 16 kDa) of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Protein Expr Purif 2002;24:188-195.
552. Ramalingam B, Uma Devi KR, Swaminathan S, Raja A. Isotype specific antibody response in childhood tuberculosis against purified 38 kDa antigen of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . J Trop Pediatr 2002;48:188-189.
553. Remme JH, Blas E, Chitsulo L, Desjeux PM, Engers HD, Kanyok TP, Kengeya Kayondo JF, Kioy DW, Kumaraswami V, Lazdins JK, Nunn PP, Oduola A, Ridley RG, Toure YT, Zicker F, Morel CM. Strategic emphases for tropical diseases research: a TDR perspective. Trends Parasitol 2002;18:421-426.
554. Santha T, Garg R, Frieden TR, Chandrasekaran V, Subramani R, Gopi PG, Selvakumar N, Ganapathy S, Charles N, Rajamma J, Narayanan PR . Risk factors associated with default, failure and death among tuberculosis patients treated in a DOTS programme in Tiruvallur District, south India, 2000. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:780-788.
555. Selvakumar N, Gomathi M, Rehman F, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of a two-reagent cold staining method for detection of acid-fast bacilli. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:728-731.
556. Selvakumar N, Prabhakaran E, Rehman F, Frieden TR, Santha T. Washing of new microscopic glass slides in dichromate solution does not influence sputum AFB smear results. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002;6:270-272.
557. Selvakumar N, Rahman F, Garg R, Rajasekaran S, Mohan NS, Thyagarajan K, Sundaram V, Santha T, Thomas R Frieden TR, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of the phenol ammonium sulfate sedimentation smear microscopy method for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Microbiol 2002;40:3017-3020.
558. Selvakumar N, Rahman F, Rajasekaran S, Narayanan PR, Frieden TR. Inefficiency of 0.3% carbol fuchsin in ziehl-neelsen staining for detecting acid-fast bacilli. J Clin Microbiol 2002;40:3041-3043.
559. Selvaraj P, Chandra G, Kurian SM, Reetha AM, Charles N, Narayanan PR. NRAMP1 gene polymorphism in pulmonary and spinal tuberculosis. Curr Sci 2002;82:451-454.
560. Selvaraj R, Gopal G, Raja A, Kumaraswami V. Pattern recognition technique in immunological antigenic tests to identify Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Tuberculosis 2002;82:261-266.
561. Senthil Kumar KS, Uma Devi KR, Alamelu R. Isolation and evaluation of diagnostic value of two major secreted proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2002;44:225-232.
562. Shanmugam G. Awareness on HIV/AIDS among rural women in a south Indian community. Indian J Sexually Transmitted Dis 2002;23:26-30.
563. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, John A, Arun SR, Kumaraswami V, Fleckenstein LL, Na-Bangchang K. The pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of the co-administration of diethylcarbamazine and albendazole. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 2002;96:603-614.
564. Suma TK, Shenoy RK, Kumaraswami V. Efficacy and sustainability of a footcare programme in preventing acute attacks of adenolymphangitis in Brugian filariasis. Trop Med Int Health 2002;7:763-766.
565. Swaminathan S. Clinical presentation and treatment of HIV - TB. Indian J Tuber 2002;19:11-16.
566. Swaminathan S. Basic Concepts in the Treatment of Tuberculosis. Indian J Pediatr - Supplement 2002;69:44-49.
567. Swaminathan S, Sangeetha M, Arunkumar N, Menon PA, Thomas B, Shibi K, Ponnuraja, Rajasekar S . Pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV positive individuals: preliminary report on clinical features and response to treatment. Indian J Tuber 2002;49,:189-194.
568. Thomas BE, Ganapathy S, Jawahar MS. Responding to health emergencies: people oriented strategies from India. Social Develop Issues 2002;24:40-44.
569. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Shortening short course chemotherapy: A randomised clinical trial for treatment of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis with regimens using ofloxacin in the intensive phase. Indian J Tuber 2002;49:27-38.
570. Umadevi KR, Ramalingam B, Raja A. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of antibody response in childhood tuberculosis against antigens of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Indian J Med Microbiol 2002;20:145- 149.
571. Vanitha JD, Immanuel C, Szponar B, Larsson L, Paramasivan CN. Identification of a group of nontuberculous mycobacteria isolated from the south Indian BCG trial area by HPLC. Curr Sci 2002;82:189-191.
572. Venkatesan P. Methods for projection of HIV/AIDS epidemic. In : Anilkumar, editor. Epidemiology, Health and Population, Delhi: B R Publishing Group 2002:143-155.
573. Chandra G, Selvaraj P, Reetha AM, Narayanan PR. BamH1 polymorphism of human cytochrome P 450 gene, CYP2D6, in quiescent and relapse patients of pulmonary tuberculosis. Biomedicine 2003;23:27-32.
574. Gopi PG, Subramani R, Radhakrishna S, Kolappan C, Sadacharam K, Devi TS, Frieden TR, Narayanan PR . A baseline survey of the prevalence of tuberculosis in a community in south India at the commencement of a DOTS programme. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:1154-1162.
575. Immanuel C, Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Venkatesan P, Chandrasekaran V, Prabhakar R. Bioavailability of rifampicin following concomitant administration of ethambutol or isoniazid or pyrazinamide or a combination of the three drugs. Indian J Med Res 2003;118:109-114.
576. Madhuri S, Vengadesan N, Aruna P, Koteeswaran D, Venkatesan P, Ganesan S. Native fluorescence spectroscopy of blood plasma in the characterization of oral malignancy. Photochem Photobiol 2003;78:197-204.
577. Mani C, Selvakumar N, Gajendiran N, Panigrahi B, Venkatesan P, Narayanan PR. Standardisation and evaluation of DNA-lanthanide fluorescence spectroscopy for determining rifampicin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:873-878.
578. Mani C, Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Narayanan S, Narayanan PR. Comparison of DNA sequencing, PCR-SSCP and PhaB assays with indirect sensitivity testing for detection of rifampicin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:652-659.
579. Narayanan PR, Garg R, Santha T, Kumaran PP. Shifting the focus of tuberculosis research in India. Tuberculosis 2003;83:135-142.
580. Narayanan PR, Santha T, Kumaran PP. Tuberculosis control strategies: challenges to health management research. Health Administrator 2003;XV:113-117.
581. O'Bryan L, Pinkston P, Kumaraswami V, Vijayan V, Yenokida G, Rosenberg HF, Crystal R, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Localized eosinophil degranulation mediates disease in tropical pulmonary eosinophilia. Infect Immun 2003;71:1337-1342.
582. Paramasivan CN. Status of drug resistance in tuberculosis after the introduction of rifampicin in lndia. J Indian Med Assn 2003;101:154-156.
583. Paramasivan CN, Venkataraman P, Vasanthan JS, Rahman F, Narayanan PR. Quality assurance studies in eight State tuberculosis laboratories in India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:522-527.
584. Pedulla ML, Ford ME, Houtz JM, Karthikeyan T, Wadsworth C, Lewis JA, Jacobs-Sera D, Falbo J, Gross J, Pannunzio NR, Brucker W, Kumar V, Kandasamy J, Keenan L, Bardarov S, Kriakov J, Lawrence JG, Jacobs WR Jr, Hendrix RW, Hatfull GF. Origins of highly mosaic mycobacteriophage genomes. Cell 2003;113:171-182.
585. Prabha C, Jalapathy KV, Matsa RP, Das SD. Role of TNF- a in host immune response in tuberculous pleuritis. Curr Sci 2003;85:639-642.
586. Rajavelu P, Das SD. Cell-mediated immune responses of healthy laboratory volunteers to sonicate antigens prepared from the most prevalent strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from south India harboring a single copy of IS6110. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 2003;10:1149-1152.
587. Ramachandran R, Datta M, Subramani R, Baskaran G, Paramasivan CN, Swaminathan S. Seroprevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection among tuberculosis patients in Tamil Nadu. Indian J Med Res 2003;118:147-151.
588. Ramachandran R, Paramasivan CN. What is new in the diagnosis of tuberculosis? Part I: Techniques for diagnosis of tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 2003; 50:133-141.
589. Ramachandran R, Paramasivan CN. What is new in the diagnosis of tuberculosis? Part II; Techniques for drug susceptibility testing. Indian J Tuber 2003;50:197-202.
590. Ramachandran R, Swaminathan S, Sulochana S, Parmasivan CN. Nocardia bacteraemia in an HIV positive patient - A case: report. Indian J Med Microbiol 2003;21:287-288.
591. Ramalingam B, Uma Devi KR, Raja A. Isotype-specific anti-38 and 27 kDa (mpt 51) response in pulmonary tuberculosis with human immunodeficiency virus coinfection. Scand J Infect Dis 2003;35:234-239.
592. Santha T, Renu G, Frieden TR, Subramani R, Gopi PG, Chandrasekaran V, Selvakumar N, Thomas A, Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Kolappan C, Narayanan PR. Are community surveys to detect tuberculosis in high prevalence areas useful? Results of a comparative study from Tiruvallur District, south India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:258-265.
593. Santhakumaran A, Nanthakumar C, Venkatesan P, Kannan R. A stochastic model for seroconversion times of HIV transmission. Bio-Science Res Bull 2003;19:23-39.
594. Selvakumar N. Role of laboratory in RNTCP. J Indian Med Assn 2003;101:173-174.
595. Selvakumar N, Govindan D, Chandu NA, Frieden TR, Narayanan PR. Processing sputum specimens in a refrigerated centrifuge does not increase the rate of isolation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . J Clin Microbiol 2003;41:469-471.
596. Selvakumar N, Prabhakaran E, Rahman F, Chandu NA, Srinivasan S, Santha T, Chauhan LS, Narayanan PR . Blinded rechecking of sputum smears for acid-fast bacilli to ensure the quality and usefulness of restaining smears to assess false-positive errors. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:1077-1082.
597. Selvaraj P, Chandra G, Kurian SM, Reetha AM, Narayanan PR. Association of vitamin D receptor gene variants of Bsm I, Apa I and Fok I polymorphisms with susceptibility or resistance to pulmonary tuberculosis. Curr Sci 2003;84:1564-1568.
598. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V. A qualitative study on the feasibility and benefits of foot hygiene measures practiced by patients with brugian filariasis. J Commun Dis 2003;35:9-16.
599. Singh R, Rao V, Shakila H, Gupta R, Khera A, Dhar N, Singh A, Koul A, Singh Y, Naseema M, Narayanan PR, Paramasivan CN, Ramanathan VD, Tyagi AK. Disruption of mptpB impairs the ability of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to survive in guinea pigs. Mol Microbiol 2003;50:751-762.
600. Sudha G, Nirupa C, Rajasakthivel M, Sivasusbramanian S, Sundaram V, Bhatt S, Subramaniam K, Thiruvalluvan E, Mathew R, Renu G, Santha T. Factors influencing the care-seeking behaviour of chest symptomatics: a community-based study involving rural and urban population in Tamil Nadu, south India. Trop Med Int Health 2003;8:336-341.
601. Suma TK, Shenoy RK, Kumaraswami V. A qualitative study of the perceptions, practices and socio-psychological suffering related to chronic brugian filariasis in Kerala, southern India. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 2003;97:839-845.
602. Swaminathan S. Can we control tuberculosis in India? A renewed effort. Natl Med J India 2003;16:27-28.
603. Swaminathan S, Hanna LE, Raja A, Sankaran K, Kumar AN. Age-related changes in blood lymphocyte subsets of south Indian children. Natl Med J India 2003;16:249-252.
604. Swaminathan S, Kuppurao KV, Somu N, Vijayan VK. Reduced exercise capacity in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. Indian J Pediatr 2003;70:553-556.
605. Thomas A. People with TB: 'Dots cured me, it will cure you too'. ICMR Bulletin 2003;33:20-33.
606. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Trends in initial drug resistance over three decades in a rural community in south India. Indian J Tuber 2003;50:75-86.
607. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Association of initial tuberculin sensitivity, age and sex with the incidence of tuberculosis in south India: a 15-year follow-up. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2003;7:1083-1091.
608. Uma Devi KR, Ramalingam B, Raja A. Antibody response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis 30 and 16kDa antigens in pulmonary tuberculosis with human immunodeficiency virus coinfection. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2003;46:205-209.
609. Vanitha JD, Venkatasubramani R, Dharmalingam K, Paramasivan CN. Large-restriction-fragment polymorphism analysis of Mycobacterium chelonae and Mycobacterium terrae isolates. Appl Environ Microbiol 2003;69:4337-4341.
610. Venkataraman P, Paramasivan CN. Drug resistance in tuberculosis and issues related to multidrug resistance in planning for TB control India. Health Administrator 2003;XV:127-136.