165. Kumar S, Moudgil KD, Band AH, Narayanan PR, Gupta SK, Sharma AK, Talwar GP. A dot enzyme immunoassay for detection of IgM antibodies against phenolic glycolipid-I in sera from leprosy patients. Indian J Lepr 1986;58:185-190.
166. Narayanan PR, Vanamala CR, Alamelu R, Kumaraswamy V, Tripathy SP, Prabhakar R. Reduced lymphocyte response to mitogens in patients with Bancroftian filariasis. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 1986;80:78-84.
167. Narayanan S, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Effect of oral exposure of Mycobacterium avium intracellulare on the protective immunity induced by BCG. J Biosci 1986;10:453-460.
168. Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Prabhakar R. Non-tuberculous mycobacteria-an overview. Lung India 1986;IV:7-12.
169. Parthasarathy R, Sarma GR, Janardhanam B, Ramachandran P, Santha T, Sivasubramanian S, Somasundaram PR, Tripathy SP. Hepatic toxicity in south Indian patients during treatment of tuberculosis with short-course regimens containing isoniazid, rifampicin and pyrazinamide. Tubercle 1986;67:99-108.
170. Ramachandran P, Duraipandian M, Nagarajan M, Prabhakar R, Ramakrishnan CV, Tripathy SP. Three chemotherapy studies of tuberculous meningitis in children. Tubercle 1986;67:17-29.
171. Tuberculosis Research Centre, National Tuberculosis Institute. A controlled clinical trial of 3- and 5-month regimens in the treatment of sputum-positive pulmonary tuberculosis in south India. Am Rev Respir Dis 1986;134:27-33.
172. Acharyulu GS, Narayanan PR, Krishnamurthy PV, Prabhakar R. ELISA : Its reproducibility and its use in tuberculosis case finding. Indian J Tuber 1987;34:17-21.
173. Balasubramanian R, Alexander C, Prabhakar R, Paramasivan CN, Rajaram K, Somasundaram PR, Thyagarajan K. Kanamycin plus rifampicin plus ethambutol in the retreatment of patients with tubercle bacilli resistant to isoniazid and streptomycin. Indian J Tuber 1987;34:12-16.
174. Kuppu Rao KV, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R. Maximal expiratory flow rates in south Indian sportsmen. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1987; 31: 38. **
175. Lal RB, Paranjape RS, Briles DE, Nutman TB, Ottesen EA. Circulating parasite antigen(s) in lymphatic filariasis: use of monoclonal antibodies to phosphocholine for immunodiagnosis. J Immunol 1987;138:3454-3460.
176. Narayanan S, Paramasivan CN, Narayanan PR, Prabhakar R. CMI response of tuberculosis patients and volunteers to mitogens and mycobacterial antigens by LTT. Proceedings of Indo-UK symposium. 1987:90-107. **
177. Narayanan S, Paramasivan CN, Ravoof A, Narayanan PR, Prabhakar R. Sensitisation pattern of healthy volunteers and tuberculosis patients to various mycobacterial antiens by ELISA. Indian J Tuber 1987;34:132-135.
178. Nutman T, Kumaraswami V, Ottesen E. Parasite-specific anergy in human filariasis. Insights after analysis of parasite antigen-driven lymphokine production. J Clin Invest 1987;79:1516-1523.
179. Nutman T, Kumaraswami V, Pao L, Narayanan PR, Ottesen EA. An analysis of in vitro B cell immune responsiveness in human lymphatic filariasis. J Immunol 1987;138:3954-3959.
180. Paramasivan CN, Kumar V, Alexander C, Venkatesan P, Somasundaram PR, Prabhakar R. Use of multiple media for the cultivation of mycobacteria from specimens other than sputum. Indian J Med Res 1987;86:290-294.
181. Paramasivan CN, Sivadasan K, Datta M, Vallishayee RS, Prabhakar R. Non-fermenting gram negative bacilli associated with acute respiratory infections in children in Madras. J Trop Pediatr 1987;33:343-345.
182. Pinkston P, Vijayan VK, Nutman TB, Rom WN, O'Donnell KM, Cornelius MJ, Kumaraswami V, Ferrans VJ, Takemura T, Yenokida G, Thirivengadam KV, Tripathy SP, Ottesen EA, Crystal RG. Acute tropical pulmonary eosinophilia. Characterization of the lower respiratory tract inflammation and its response to therapy. J Clin Invest 1987;80:216-225.
183. Prabhakar R, Venkataraman P, Vallishayee RS, Reeser P, Musa S, Hashim R, Kim Y, Dimmer C, Wiegeshaus E, Edwards ML, Smith DW. Virulence for guinea pigs of tubercle bacilli isolated from the sputum of participants in the BCG trial, Chingleput district, south India. Tubercle 1987;68:3-17.
184. Rajaram K, Ramu S, Prabhakar R, Deivanayagam P, Ahamed M, Swaminathan T. Saccharin test of mucociliary clearance in Kartagener's syndrome. Lung India 1987;V:33-35.
185. Rathnasabapathy SV, Paramasivan CN, Shanmuigasundaram N, Jagannathan K. Secondary bacterial flora in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis - a preliminary report. Lung India 1987;V:43-46.
186. Sarma RVSN, Vallishayee RS, Mayurnath S, Narayanan PR, Radhamani MP, Tripathy SP. Prevalence survey of filariasis in two villages in Chingleput district of Tamil Nadu. Indian J Med Res 1987;85:522-530.
187. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Mycobacteriocin typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolated from patients in south India, Hong Kong & Britain. Indian J Med Res 1987;86:162-164.
188. Sivadasan K, Paramasivan CN, Datta M, Vallishayee RS, Gopi PG, Prabhakar R. Bacteriology of acute respiratory infections in children. Indian J Med Microbiol 1987;5:237-244.
189. Swamy R, Acharyulu GS, Duraipandian M, Jawahar MS, Ramachandran R, Sarma GR. Liver function tests during treatment of tuberculosis with short-course regimens containing isoniazid, rifampicin & pyrazinamide. Indian J Med Res 1987;86:549-557.
190. Swamy R, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. The possible role of soluble material from macrophages in cell mediated immunity in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1987;34:136-138.
191. Vanamala CR, Narayanan PR. Defective concanavalin A-induced suppression in bancroftian filariasis. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol 1987;83:410-413.
192. Venkatesan P, Viswanathan K, Prabhakar R. An application of Cox regression model to the analysis of grouped pulmonary tuberculosis survival data. Technical Report 1987;7:1-14. **
193. Vijayan VK. Role of steroids in "chronic" tropical eosinophilia-A bronchoalveolar lavage study. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1987;29. **
194. Vijayan VK, Reetha AM. Acute respiratory infection in children. Lung India 1987;V:99-100. **
195. Cameron ML, Levy P, Nutman T, Vanamala CR, Narayanan PR, Rajan TV. Use of restriction fragment length polymorphisms (RFLPs) to distinguish between nematodes of pathogenic significance. Parasitology 1988;96:381-390.
196. Ganapathy S. Community awareness study of pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1988;33:93. **
197. Gurumurthy P. Salivary levels of anti-tuberculosis drugs. Indian J Tuber 1988;35:9. **
198. Kumaraswami V, Ottesen EA, Vijayasekaran V, Devi SU, Swaminathan M, Aziz MA, Sarma GR, Prabhakar R, Tripathy SP. Ivermectin for the treatment of Wuchereria bancrofti filariasis. Efficacy and adverse reactions. JAMA 1988;259:3150-3153.
199. Lunde MN, Paranjape RS, Lawley TJ, Ottesen EA. Filarial antigen in circulating immune complexes from patients with Wuchereria bancrofti filariasis. Am J Trop Pediatr 1988;38:366-371.
200. Mathew R. Diagnosis of abdominal tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1988;35:92. **
201. Paramasivan CN, Jackett PS, Coates ARM, Lowrie DB, Mitchison DA. Monoclonal antibodies against Mycobacterium avium/intracellulare . Indian J Med Res 1988;88:13-17.
202. Paranjape RS, Ravoof A, Acharyulu GS, Krishnamuthy PV, Tripathy SP, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Cell mediated immune response in south Indian pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Indian J Tuber 1988;35:163-170.
203. Raja A, Baughman RP, Daniel TM. The detection by immunoassay of antibody to mycobacterial antigens and mycobacterial aantigens in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from patients with tuberculosis and control subjects. Chest 1988;94:133-137.
204. Raja A, Machicao AR, Morrissey AB, Jacobs MR, Daniel TM. Specific detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in radiometric cultures by using an immunoassay for antigen 5. J Infect Dis 1988;158:468-470.
205. Sarma RV, Vallishayee RS, Rao RSN, Prabhakar R, Tripathy SP. Use of mebendazole in combination with DEC in bancroftian filariasis. Indian J Med Res 1988;87:579-583.
206. Selvaraj P, Swamy R, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Hydrogen peroxide producing potential of alveolar macrophages & blood monocytes in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 1988;88:124-129.
207. Selvaraj P, Venkataprasad N, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Alveolar macrophages in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Lung India 1988;VI:71-74.
208. Swamy R, Acharyalu G, Balasubramaniam R, Narayanan P, Prabhakar R. Immunological investigations in tuberculous ascites. Indian J Tuber 1988;35:3-7.
209. Thomas A, Nagarajan M, Chandrasekaran V, Hari L, Somasundaram PR, Prabhakar R, Kumar A, Bhatia VN, Roy RG. A doubleblind controlled clinical trial to assess the role of anti-histamines in the treatment of multibacillary leprosy. Indian J Lepr 1988;60:499-505. **
210. Venkataraman P, Narayana ASL, Prabhakar R. Simple qualitative tests for rifampicin in urine. Indian J Tuber 1988;35:114-116.
211. Venkataraman P, Paramasivan CN, Ilampurnam KJ, Prabhakar R. Intraspecies differentiation of strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis obtained from Czechoslovakian, Mongolian and south Indian patients. Indian J Med Res 1988;88:211-216.
212. Vijayan VK, Kuppu Rao KV, Sankaran K, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Diffusing capacity in acute untreated tropical eosinophilia. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1988;30:71-77.
213. Vijayan VK, Kuppu Rao KV, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Arterial hypoxemia in acute tropical pulmonary eosnophillia. Lung India 1988;VI:183-185.
214. Balasubramanian R, Ramachandran R, Joseph P, Nagarajan M, Thiruvengadam KV, Tripathy SP, Prabhakar R. Interim results of a controlled clinical study of abdominal tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1989;36:117-121.
215. Freedman DO, Nutman TB, Jamal S, Kumaraswami V, Ottesen EA. Selective up-regulation of endothelial cell class I MHC expression by cytokines from patients with lymphatic filariasis. J Immunol 1989;142:653-656.
216. Ganapathy K, Rajeswari R, Kalyanaraman S. Tuberculoma of the brain - recent concepts. Progress Clin Neuro 1989:103-113.
217. Immanuel C, Jayasankar K, Narayana ASL, Santha T, Sundaram V, Sarma GR. Induction of rifampicin metabolism during treatment of tuberculous patients with daily and fully intermittent regimens containing the drug. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1989;31:251-257.
218. Indian Council of Medical Research, British Medical Research Council Working Party Study in Madras SI. A controlled trial of short-course regimens of chemotherapy in patients receiving ambulatory treatment or undergoing radical surgery for tuberculosis of the spine. Indian J Tuber 1989;36 (Suppl):1-21.
219. Lal RB, Kumaraswami V, Krishnan N, Nutman TB, Ottesen EA. Lymphocyte subpopulations in Bancroftian filariasis: activated (DR + ) CD8 + T cells in patients with chronic lymphatic obstruction. Clin Exp Immunol 1989;77:77-82.
220. Moudgil KD, Gupta SK, Narayanan PR, Srivastava LM, Mishra RS, Talwar GP. Antibody response to phenolic glycolipid I and Mycobacterium w antigens and its relation to bacterial load in M. Leprae -infected mice and leprosy patients. Clin Exp Immunol 1989;78:214-218.
221. Nutman T, Vijayan VK, Pinkston P, Kumaraswami V, Steel C, Crystal RG, Ottesen EA. Tropical pulmonary eosinophilia: analysis of antifilarial antibody localized to the lung. J Infect Dis 1989;160:1042-1050.
222. Ramachandran P, Duraipandian M, Reetha AM, Mahalakshmi SM, Prabhakar R. Long-term status of children treated for tuberculous meningitis in south India. Tubercle 1989;70:235-239.
223. Ramachandran R, Balasubramanian R, Sivasubramanian S, Venkatesan P, Soundarapandiyan S, Shanmugasundaram TK, Prabhakar R. Short course chemotherapy in the treatmrnt of Pott's paraplegia. Indian J Tuber 1989;36:113-115.
224. Ramachandran R, Kalyanaraman S. Short course chemotherapy in the treatment of brain tuberculoma - a controlled clinical trial. 1989 Neurol India Supplement to Vol. 37, 512E03. **
225. Sanjeevi CB, Narayanan PR. Antifilarial and anti PPD IgM antibodies in cord blood. Indian J Pediatr 1989;56:207-211. **
226. Sanjeevi CB, Seshiah V. Family practice. Insulin and insulin antibody. What a family physician should know? J Gen Med 1989;1:47-49.
227. Santha T, Nazareth O, Krishnamurthy MS, Balasubramanian R, Vijayan VK, Janardhanam B, Venkataraman P, Tripathy SP, Prabhakar R. Treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis with short course chemotherapy in south India–5-year follow up. Tubercle 1989;70:229-234. **
228. Sayeed ZA, Sudarsana K, Ramachandran R. Tuberculomas of brain-study of prospective clinical EEG, CT scan data of fifty two patients. Neurol India 1989 Supplement to Vol. 37, 512E03. **
229. Selvaraj P, Rajiswamy, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Hydrogen peroxide release by OKIa1 (anti DR--monoclonal antibody) resistant alveolar macrophages in tuberculosis. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1989;31:141-149.
230. Sudarsanam NM. Supervision aspects in district tuberculosis programme with special reference to short course chemotherapy. NTI Newsletter 1989;25/1&2:10-14. **
231. Venkatesan P, Somasundaram PR. A probabilistic approach for modelling the joint action of drugs. Biomedicine 1989:13-18.
232. Vijayan VK, Pandey VP, Sankaran K, Mehrotra Y, Darbari BS, Misra NP. Bronchoalveolar lavage study in victims of toxic gas leak at Bhopal. Indian J Med Res 1989;90:407-414.
233. Yesudian P, Kumaraswami V. Filariasis. The Scourge of India. Int J Dermatol 1989;28:192-194. **
234. Balasubramanian R, Sivasubramanian S, Vijayan VK, Ramachandran R, Jawahar MS, Paramasivan CN, Selvakumar N, Somasundaram PR. Five year results of a 3-month and two 5-month regimens for the treatment of sputum-positive pulmonary tuberculosis in south India. Tubercle 1990;71:253-258.
235. Deivanayagam N, Ramamurthy N, Krishnamurthy PV, Shankar VJ, Ashok TP, Nedunchelian K, Mala N, Ahmed SS. Age for measles immunization seroconversion after measles vaccination at 6-8 months of age-a randomized controlled trial. Indian Pediatr 1990;27:1171-1175.
236. Deivanayagam N, Vasudevan S, Krishnamurthy PV, Shankar VJ, Ashok TP, Nedunchelian K, Mala N, Ahmed SS. Prevalence of placentally transmitted antibodies for measles in infants 3 to 11 months old in an urban slum community. Indian Pediatr 1990;27:919-923.
237. Gupte MD, Anantharaman DS, Nagaraju B, Kannan S, Vallishayee RS. Experiences with Mycobacterium leprae soluble antigens in a leprosy endemic population. Lepr Rev 1990;61:132-144.
238. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran R, Balasubramanian R, Rahman F, Victor L, Narayana ASL, Sarma GR. Gastro-intestinal absorption of isoniazid and rifampicin in patients with intestinal tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1990;37:5-10.
239. Immanuel C, Acharyulu GS, Kannapiran M, Segaran R, Sarma GR. Acute phase proteins in tuberculous patients. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1990;32:15-23.
240. Jawahar MS, Sivasubramanian S, Vijayan VK, Ramakrishnan CV, Paramasivan CN, Selvakumar V, Paul S, Tripathy SP, Prabhakar R. Short course chemotherapy for tuberculous lymphadenitis in children. BMJ 1990;301:359-362.
241. Ottesen EA, Vijayasekaran V, Kumaraswami V, Pillai SVP, Sadanandam A, Frederick S, Prabhakar R, Tripathy SP. A controlled trial of ivermectin and diethylcarbamazine in lymphatic filariasis. N Engl J Med1990;322:1113-1116.
242. Paramasivan CN. Quality control in isolation and identification of mycobacteria from clinical specimens. Proceedings of WHO Workshop on quality control in Clinical Microbiology Dept. of Microbiology JIPMER 1990:27-38. **
243. Rajajee S, Pushpa V, Narayanan PR. Cell Mediated Immunity in Childhood Malaria. Indian J Pediatr 1990;57:209-211. **
244. Sarma GR, Kailasam S, Datta M, Loganathan G, Rahman F, Narayana ASL. Classification of children as slow or rapid acetylators based on concentrations of isoniazid in saliva following oral administration of body-weight and surface-area-related dosages of the drug. Indian Pediatr 1990;27:134-142.
245. Subramanian T. Sample survey of awareness of symptoms and utilisation of health facilities by chest symptomatics. Indian J Tuber 1990;37:69-71.
246. Thomas A, Balakrishnan A, Nagarajan M, Prabhakar R, Tripathy SP, Christian M, Somasundaram PR. Controlled clinical trial of two multidrug regimens with and without rifampin in highly bacilliferous BL/LL south Indian patients: A five-year report. Int J Lepr 1990;58:273-280. **
247. Vijayan VK, Jawahar MS, Reetha AM, Prabhakar R. Persisting alveolitis in miliary tuberculosis despite treatment with short-course chemotherapy. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1990;32:49-53.
248. Vijayan VK, Kuppurao KV, Venkatesan P, Sankaran K, Prabhakar R. Pulmonary function in healthy young adult Indians in Madras. Thorax 1990;45:611-615.
249. Weir JP, Narayanan PR. Expression of the herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein C gene requires sequences in the 5' noncoding region of the gene. J Virol 1990;64:445-449.
250. Balasubramanian R. Fully intermittent six month regimens for pulmonary tuberculosis in south India. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:51-53.
251. Brahmajothi V, Pitchappan RM, Kakkanaiah VN, Sashidhar M, Rajaram K, Ramu S, K Palanimurugan K, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Association of pulmonary tuberculosis and HLA in South India. Tubercle 1991;72:123-132.
252. Charles N. Influence of initial and repeated motivation on case holding in North Arcot district. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:69-71.
253. Das S, Narayanan S, Paramasivan CN, Lowrie DB, Narayanan PR. Human tuberculosis sera show prominent antibody responses to particulate fractions of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . J Clin Immunol 1991;11:74-77.
254. Datta M. Status of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis patients after chemotherapy under the district tuberculosis programme. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:63-68.
255. Jayasankar K. Pharmacokinetics of isoniazid and rifampicin in patients with chronic renal failure. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:105.**
256. Mayurnath S, Vallishayee RS, Radhamani MP, Prabhakar R. Prevalence study of tuberculous infection over fifteen years, in a rural population in Chingleput district (south India). Indian J Med Res 1991;93:74-80.
257. Pitchappan RM, Brahmajothi V, Rajaram K, Subramanyam PT, Balakrishnan K, Muthuveeralakshmi R. Spectrum of Immune reactivity to mycobacterial (BCG) antigens in healthy hospital contacts in south India. Tubercle 1991;72:133-139.
258. Rajajee S, Sundareswar. Maternal fetal immunological relationship particularly mycobacterial immunity. Indian Pediatr 1991;28:363-366.
259. Ramachandran R, Balambal R, Ramanathan VD, Prabhakar R. Cutaneous vasculitis during anti-tuberculosis treatment in tuberculoma brain - a report on 2 cases. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:155-157.
260. Ramanathan VD. The pathophysiology of this complement system in leprosy. Indian J Lepr 1991;63: 418-434. **
261. Reetha AM, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R. Primary tuberculosis of skin (tuberculous chancre) in an infant of tuberculous mother. Lung India 1991;IX:153-155.
262. Sarma GR. Effect of administration of rifampicin on the adrenocortical function in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber1991;38:104. **
263. Selvakumar N. Adenosine deaminase (ADA) levels in CSF of tuberculous meningitis (TBM). Indian J Tuber 1991;38:3. **
264. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Duraipandian M, Thillothammal N, Prabhakar R. Cerebrospinal fluid adenosine deaminase and lysozyme levels in the diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:217-220.
265. Hong Kong Chest Service, Tuberculosis Research Centre, British Medical Research Council. A controlled clinical comparison of 6 and 8 months of antituberculosis chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with silicotuberculosis in Hong Kong. Am Rev Respir Dis 1991;143:262-267.
266. Sharma S, Narayanan PS, Sriramachari S, Vijayan VK, Kamat SR, Chandra H. Objective thoracic CT scan findings in a Bhopal gas disaster victim. Respir Med 1991;85:539-541. **
267. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Controlled clinical trial of fully oral short-course chemotherapy in the treatment of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis. Summaries of papers presented at the 45th National Conference on Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases : Rohtak, from 6th to 9th January, 1991. Indian J Tuber 1991;38:104. **
268. Vijayan VK. Hypothesis. Allergic broncho-pulmonary helminthiasis (ABPH). Lung India 1991;IX:145-148.
269. Vijayan VK, Kuppu Rao KV, Sankaran K, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Tropical eosinophilia: clinical and physiological response to diethylcarbamazine. Respir Med 1991;85:17-20.
270. Vijayan VK, Sankaran K, Venkatesan P, Kuppurao KV. Correlation of lower respiratory tract inflammation with changes in lung function and chest roentgenograms in patients with untreated tropical pulmonary eosinophilia. Singapore Med J 1991;32:122-125.
271. Vijayan VK, Sankaran K, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Effect of diethylcarbamazine on the alveolitis of tropical eosinophilia. Respiration 1991;58:255-259.
** Abstracts not available