272. Das S, Cheng SH, Lowrie DB, Walker KB, Mitchison DA, Vallishayee RS, Narayanan PR. The pattern of mycobacterial antigen recognition in sera from Mantoux-negative individuals is essentially unaffected by bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccination in either south India or London. Clin Exp Immunol 1992;89:402-406.
273. Datta M. Chapter 8. Tuberculosis control in the developing world: A Review. Epidemiol Med 1992:99-118. **
274. Datta M, Samdani PG, Udani PM, Bermejo A, Costello A, Crofton J, Cundall D, Cutting W, Miller NHF, King M. Everyday Practice. Tuberculosis in children in India-I. Natl Med J India 1992;5:226-234.
275. Datta M, Samdani PG, Udani PM, Bermejo A, Costello A, Crofton J, Cundall D, Cutting W, Miller NHF, King M. Everyday Practice. Tuberculosis in children in India-II. Natl Med J India 1992;5:281-285.
276. Gurumurthy P, Sarma GR, Jayasankar K, Thyagarajan K, Prabhakar R, Muthusethupathi MA, Sampathkumar P, Shivakumar S. Single-dose pharmacokinetics of isoniazid and rifampicin in patients with chronic renal failure. Indian J Tuber 1992;39:221-228.
277. Herbert D, Prabhakar R. Observations on the cultivation of M. leprae and M. tuberculosis in medium 'V' and 'V 1'. Indian J Lepr 1992;64:341-347.
278. Hong Kong Chest Service, Tuberculosis Research Centre, British Medical Research Council. A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial of three antituberculosis chemoprophylaxis regimens in patients with silicosis in Hong Kong. Am Rev Respir Dis 1992;145: 36-41.
279. Immanuel C, Sarma GR, Krishnamurthy PV, Ramachandran G, Kumaraswami V. Salivary cortisol in the assessment of adrenocortical function in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 1992;95:l-7.
280. Kuppu Rao KV, Vijayan VK, Venkatesan P, Sankaran K. Maximal expiratory flow rates in tropical eosinophilia. Biomedicine 1992;12:59-62. **
281. Mohan V, Kumaraswami V, Viswanathan M. Immunology of Diabetes. J Assoc Physicians India 1992;40:461-464.
282. Narayanan S, Sahadevan R, Ramunujam S, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Development of DNA probes for M. tuberculosis . Indian J Tuber 1992;40:99-105.
283. Rajajee S, Narayanan PR. Immunological spectrum of childhood tuberculosis. J Trop Pediatr 1992;38:31-33.
284. Ramachandran P, Prabhakar R. Defaults, defaulter action and retrieval of patients during studies on tuberculous meningitis in children. Tubercle Lung Dis 1992;73:170-173.
285. Ramachandran R, Balasubramanian R, Santha T. Short course chemotherapy in neuro tuberculosis brief review of clinical trials undertaken at the Tuberculosis Research Centre, Madras. Progress Clin Neuro 1992:869-881. **
286. Ramamurthi B, Dutta M, David K. Anticonvulsant drugs and women with seizures. J Obstet Gynaec 1992:438-441.
287. Sanjeevi CB, Narayanan PR, Prabakar R, Charles N, Thomas BE, Balasubramaniam R, Olerup O. No association or linkage with HLA-DR or -DQ genes in south Indians with pulmonary tuberculosis. Tubercle Lung Dis 1992;73:280-284.
288. Sarma GR, Immanuel C, Krishnamurthy PV, Balasubramanian R, Ramachandran G, Prabhakar R. Effect of administration of rifampicin on the adrenocortical function in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1992;39:21-28.
289. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Acharyulu GS, Rehman F, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Susceptibility of south Indian strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to tuberactinomycin. Indian J Med Res 1992;95:101-104.
290. Subramanian VS, Selvaraj P, Narayanan PR, Prabhakar R, Damodaran C, Sekharan PC. HLA-DR and -DQ antibodies in the sera of south Indian parous women. Indian J Forensic Sciences 1992;6:109-113.
291. Vijayan VK, Reetha AM, Jawahar MS, Sankaran K, Prabhakar R. Pulmonary eosinophilia in pulmonary tuberculosis. Chest 1992;101:1708-1709.
292. Xavier T. Strategies to improve case-finding in tuberculosis programme. Indian J Tuber 1992;39:125-126.
293. Cheng SH, Walker KB, Lowrie DB, Mitchison DA, Swamy R, Datta M, Prabhakar R. Monocyte antimycobacterial activity before and after Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccination in Chingleput, India, and London, United Kingdom. Infect Immun 1993;61:4501-4503.
294. Das S, Chan SL, Allen BW, Mitchison DA, Lowrie DB. Application of DNA fingerprinting with IS986 to sequential mycobacterial isolates obtained from pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Hong Kong before, during and after short-course chemotherapy. Tubercle Lung Dis 1993;74:47-51.
295. Datta M. You cannot exclude the explanation you have not considered. Lancet 1993;342:345-347.
296. Datta M, Radhamani MP, Selvaraj R, Paramasivan CN, Gopalan BN, Sudeendra CR, Prabhakar R. Critical assessment of smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis patients after chemotherapy under the district tuberculosis programme. Tubercle Lung Dis 1993;74:180-186.
297. Kar SK, Patnaik S, Kumaraswami V, Murty RSN. Side reactions following ivermectin therapy in high density bancroftian microfilaraemics. Acta Tropica 1993;55:21-31.
298. Kar SK, Patnaik S, Mania J, Kumaraswami V. Ivermectin in the treatment of bancroftian filarial infection in Orissa, India. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1993;24:80-86.
299. King CL, Mahanty S, Kumaraswami V, Abrams JS, Regunathan J, Jayaraman K, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. Cytokine control of parasite-specific anergy in human lymphatic filariasis. Preferential induction of a regulatory T helper type 2 lymphocyte subset. J Clin Invest 1993;92:1667-1673.
300. Kuppurao KV, Vijayan VK, Venkatesan P, Sankaran K. Effect of treatment on maximal expiratory flow rates in tropical eosinophilia. Ceylon Med J 1993;38:78-80.
301. Limaye AP, Ottesen EA, Kumaraswami V, Abrams JS, Regunathan J, Vijayasekaran V, Jayaraman K, Nutman TB. Kinetics of serum and cellular interleukin-5 in posttreatment eosinophilia of patients with lymphatic filariasis. J Infect Dis 1993;167:1396-1400.
302. Mahanty S, King CL, Kumaraswami V, Regunathan J, Maya A, Jayaraman K, Abrams JS, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. IL-4- and IL-5-secreting lymphocyte populations are preferentially stimulated by parasite-derived antigens in human tissue, invasive nematode infections. J Immunol 1993;151:3704-3711.
303. Mathew R, Santha T, Parthasarathy R, Rajaram K, Paramasivan CN, Janardhanam B, Somasundaram PR, Prabhakar R. Response of patients with initially drug-resistant organisms to treatment with short-course chemotherapy. Indian J Tuber 1993;40:119-123.
304. Paramasivan CN, Chandrasekaran V, Santha T, Sudarsanam NM, Prabhakar R. Bacteriological investigations for short-course chemotherapy under the tuberculosis programme in two districts of India. Tubercle Lung Dis 1993;74:23-27.
305. Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Prabhakar R. Bactericidal action of pulsed exposure to rifampicin, ethambutol, isoniazid & pyrazinamide on Mycobacterium tuberculosis in vitro . Indian J Med Res 1993;97:145-150.
306. Paton JY, Swaminathan S, Sargent CW, Hawksworth A, Keens TC. Ventilatory response to exercise in children with congenital central hypoventilation syndrome. Am Rev Respir Dis 1993;147:1185-1191.
307. Raghu B, Sarma GR, Venkatesan P. Effect of hemoglobin on the growth of mycobacteria and the production of siderophores. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 1993;36: 376-382.
308. Raghu B, Sarma GR, Venkatesan P. Siderophore-mediated iron uptake in mycobacteria. Med Science Res1993;21:773-774.
309. Raghu B, Sarma GR, Venkatesan P. Effect of iron on the growth and siderophore production of mycobacteria. Biochem Mol Biol Int 1993;31:341-348.
310. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Narayana ASL, Suryanarayanan D, Umapathy KC, Paramasvian CN, Prabhakar R. Use of cetylpyridinium chloride for storage of sputum specimens and isolation of M. tuberculosis . Indian J Tuber 1993;40:95-97. **
311. Shenoy RK, Kumaraswami V, Rajan K, Thankom S, Jalajakumari. A comparative study of the efficacy and tolerability of single and split doses of ivermectin and diethylcarbamazine in periodic brugian filariasis. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 1993;8:459-467.
312. Swaminathan S, Datta M. Primary complex. IAP J Pract Pediatr 1993;1:21-23. **
313. Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P, Mukunthan R. Peak expiratory flow rate in south Indian children. Indian Pediatr 1993;30:207-211.
314. Thilakavathi S, Fredrick JS, Fredrick KG, Parthasarathy R, Santha T, Somasundaram PR, Prabhakar R. High coverage for long term follow-up of patients with spinal tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1993;40:91-94. **
315. Thomas A, Joseph P, Prabhakar R. Case Report. "FLU" syndrome associated with other systemic manifestations with once a month rifampicin in the treatment of multibacillary leprosy. Indian J Lep 1993;65:219-224. **
316. Venkataraman P, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. In vitro activity of rifampicin, rifapentine and rifabutin against south Indian isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Indian J Tuber 1993;40:17-20.
317. Venkataraman P, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. In vitro activity of capreomycin and ciprofloxacin against south Indian isolates of M. tuberculosis . Indian J Tuber 1993;40:21-24.
318. Venkatesan P. Mathematical modelling in medical sciences. Biomedicine 1993;2:15-18. **
319. Venkatesan P, Viswanathan K, Prabhakar R. Co-variate analysis of tuberculosis data using Cox's regression model. Biomedicine 1993;2: 43-46.
320. Vijayan VK. Tropical Eosinophilia - The Indian scene. Indian J Clin Practice 1993;3:39-41.
321. Vijayan VK. Current diagnostic status of bronchoalveolar lavage studies. Indian J Clin Practice 1993;3:51-54.
322. Vijayan VK. Drug - Induced respiratory diseases. Medicine Update 1993;3:177-186. **
323. Vijayan VK. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - Recent trends. Recent trends. In: Recent advances in respiratory medicine, Pub. By Department of Physiology, Chest Diseases and Pharmacology, Medical College Trissur 1993:20-39. **
324. Vijayan VK. Tropical eosinophilia: relationship between lower respiratory tract inflamation and changes in lung function following treatment at one year. Chest 1993;100:Supplement 249S. **
325. Vijayan VK, Kuppu Rao KV. Early clinical, pulmonary function and blood gas studies in victims of Bhopal tragedy. Biomedicine 1993;13:36-42.
326. Vijayan VK, Kuppu Rao KV, Venkatesan P, Sankaran K. Reference values and prediction equations for maximal expiratory flow rates in-non-smoking normal subjects in Madras. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1993;37:291-297.
327. Vijayan VK, Sankaran K, Venkatesan P, Kuppu Rao KV. Prediction equations for maximal voluntary ventilation in non-smoking. Normal subjects in Madras. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1993;37:138-140.
328. Balasubramanian R, Sivasubramanian S, Parthasarathy R, Santha T, Somasundaran PR, Shanmugasundaram TK, Prabhakar R. Prevalence, incidence and resolution of abscesses and sinuses in patients with tuberculosis of spine : 5-year results of patients treated with short-course chemotherapy with or without surgery in Madras. Indian J Tuber 1994;41:151-160.
329. Bhatia RS, Vijayan VK. Tobacco and health: What can the medical profession do? Lung India 1994;XII:178-185. **
330. Chandrasekaran N, Amalraj RE, Datta M, Krishnamurthy PV, Sankaran JR, Rajasambandam P. Association between obesity and hypertension in south Indian patients. Indian Heart J 1994;46:21-24.
331. Chandrasekaran N, Amalraj RE, Datta M, Krishnamurthy PV, Vijayasarathi, Subramaniam S, Rajasambandam P. Heriditary pattern of cancer. Indian J Cancer 1994;31:86-91.
332. Ganapathy S, Chandrasekaran V, Britto JJ, Jemima SF, Charles N, Santha T, Sudarsanam NM, Prabhakar R. A study of patients 'lost' from short course chemotherapy under the district tuberculosis programme in south India. Lung India 1994;XII:129-134.
333. Herbert D, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Protective response in guineapigs exposed to Mycobacterium avium intracellulare/M. scrofulaceum , BCG & south Indian isolates of M. tuberculosis . Indian J Med Res 1994;99:1-7.
334. Kamala T, Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Evaluation of procedures for isolation of nontuberculous mycobacteria from soil and water. Appl Environ Microbiol 1994;60:1021-1024.
335. Kamala T, Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Isolation and identification of environmental mycobacteria in the Mycobacterium bovis BCG trial area of south India. Appl Environ Microbiol 1994;60:2180-2183.
336. Mathew S, Alexander C, Thyagarajan K, Krishnamurthy PV, Paramasivan CN. Evaluation of a cold staining method for acid-fast bacilli in sputum. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 1994;36:125-131.
337. Paramasivan CN. Newer antimycobacterial drugs and their role in the treatment of tuberculosis patients. Indian J Tuber 1994;41:7 -16. **
338. Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Umapathy KC, Rahman F, Krishnamurthy PV, Prabhakar R. Early bactericidal action of pulsed exposure to rifampicin, ethambutol, isoniazid & pyrazinamide in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Indian J Med Res 1994;100:1-4.
339. Raja A, Narayanan PR, Jawahar MS, Prabhakar R. Evaluation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigen 6 by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Indian J Tuber 1994;41:245-251.
340. Ramachandran P, Prabhakar R. Follow-up of patients discharged against medical advice in tuberculous meningitis studies in children. Indian J Tuber 1994;41:143-145.
341. Reetha AM, Sivasubramanian S, Parthasarathy R, Somasundaram PR, Prabhakar R. Five-year findings of a comparison of ambulatory short course chemotherapy with radical surgery plus chemotherapy for tuberculosis of the spine in Madras. Indian J Ortho1994;28:7-13.
342. Selvaraj P, Venkataprasad N, Vijayan VK, Narayanan PR. Altered bactericidal activity against Staphylococcus aureus in tuberculous bronchoalveolar lavage fluids. Eur Respir J 1994;7:121-126.
343. Selvaraj P, Venkataprasad N, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Procoagulant activity of lavage fluids taken from the site of tuberculous lesions. Eur Respir J 1994;7:1227-1232.
344. Shanmugam G, Chandrasekaran V, Santha T, Somasundaram PR, Sudarsanam NM, Ganapathy S. Feasibility of utilising address card system for obtaining accurate address of patients under programme conditions. Indian J Tuber 1994;41:95-99.
345. Venkataraman P, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. In vitro activity of ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin against south Indian isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Indian J Tuber 1994;41:87-90. **
346. Vijayan VK, Sankaran K, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Characterization of lower respiratory-tract inflammation in patients with smear-negative pulmonary tuberculosis. Lung India 1994;XII:63-68. **
347. Balasubramanian R, Sadacharam K, Selvaraj R, Xavier T, Gopalan BN, Shanmugam M, Prabhakar R. Feasibility of involving literate tribal youths in tuberculosis case-finding in a tribal area in Tamil Nadu. Tubercle Lung Dis 1995;76:355-359.
348. Das S, Paramasivan CN, Lowrie DB, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. IS6110 restriction fragment length polymorphism typing of clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in Madras, south India. Tubercle Lung Dis 1995;76:550-554.
349. Herbert D, Paramasivan CN, Datta M, Vallishayee RS, Prabhakar R. IgG antibodies against antigens of various mycobacterial species in children and in pre and post-BCG young adults. Indian J Tuber 1995;42:15-21.
350. Kolappan C, Selvaraj R, Khudoos A, Appe Gowda BN, Datta M, Prabhakar R. Repeatability of nerve thickness assessment in the clinical examination for leprosy. Lung India 1995;66:224-228.
351. Mathew S, Paramasivan CN, Datta M, Prabhakar R. Vancomycin for controlling contamination of selective Kirchner's liquid medium in the culture of gastric lavage for tubercle bacilli. Indian J Med Res 1995;102:152-155.
352. Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Prabhakar R. BCG : Do we have an alternative. ICMR Bulletin 1995;25:33-40.
353. Prabhakar R. Needs in tuberculosis research. Indian J Tuber 1995;42:179-181.
354. Raghu B, Sarma GR, Venkatesan P. Effect of anti-tuberculosis drugs on the iron-sequestration mechanisms of mycobacteria. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 1995; 38:287-292.
355. Raja A, Narayanan PR, Mathew R, Prabhakar R. Characterization of mycobacterial antigens and antibodies in circulating immune complexes from pulmonary tuberculosis. J Lab Clin Med 1995;125:581-587.
356. Rajeswari R, Sivasubramanian S, Balambal R, Parthasarathy R, Ranjani R, Santha T, Somasundaram PR, Ganapathy S, Sudarsana K, Sayeed ZA, Kalyanaraman S, Prabhakar R. A controlled clinical trial of short-course chemotherapy for tuberculoma of the brain. Tubercle Lung Dis 1995;76:311-317.
357. Ramachandran R, Diwakara AM, Ganapathy S, Sudarsanam NM, Rajaram K, Prabhakar R. Tuberculosis awareness among educated public in two cities in Tamilnadu. Lung India 1995;XIII:108-113.
358. Sahadevan R, Narayanan S, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Restriction fragment length polymorphism typing of clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in Madras, India, by use of direct-repeat probe. J Clin Microbiol 1995;33:3037-3039.
359. Mathew S, Paramasivan CN, Rehman F, Balambal R, Rajaram K, Prabhakar R. A direct rifampicin sensitivity test for tubercle bacilli. Indian J Med Res 1995;102:99-103.
360. Selvakumar N, Vanajakumar, Gopi PG, Venkataramu KV, Datta M, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Isolation of tubercle bacilli from sputum samples of patients in the field studies by the cetylpyridinium chloride-sodium chloride & sodium hydroxide methods. Indian J Med Res 1995; 102:149-151.
361. Shenoy RK, Sandhya K, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V. A preliminary study of filariasis related acute adenolymphangitis with special reference to precipitating factors and treatment modalities. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1995;26:301-305.
362. Somu N, Swaminathan S, Paramasivan CN, Vijayasekaran D, Chandrabhooshanam A, Vijayan VK, Prabhakar R. Value of bronchoalveolar lavage and gastric lavage in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in children. Tubercle Lung Dis 1995;76:295-299.
363. Subramanian V, Selvaraj P, Narayanan PR, Prabhakar R, Damodaran C. Distribution of HLA (class I and class II) antigens in the native Dravidian Hindus of Tamil Nadu, south India. Gene Geogr 1995;9:15-24.
364. Suhadev M, Ganapathy S, Sivasubramaniam S, Santha T. A retrospective study of "non-compliant" patients in controlled clinical trials of -short course chemotherapy. Indian J Tuber 1995;42:221-224.
365. Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P, Sankaran K, Prabhakar R, Vijayan VK, Somu N, Vijayasekaran D. Cellular profile of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in pulmonary tuberculosis. Arch Dis Child 1995;13:182. **
366. Thilothammal N, Krishnamurthy PV, Banu K, Gandhimathy S. Testing compliance of drug taking-a simple bed side method. Indian Pediatr 1995;32:295-299.
367. Thomas A, Hari L, Nagarajan M, Prabhakar R. Relapses during long-term follow up with drug-susceptible M. leprae among multibacillary leprosy patients treated with multidrug therapy regimens; case reports. Int J Lep 1995;63:391-394. **
368. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Interim findings on the evaluation of split drug regimens for pulmonary tuberculosis - a randomized controlled clinical trial. Indian J Tuber 1995;42:201-206.
369. Vijayan VK, Reetha AM. Rehabilitation for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients - Exercise training component. Lung India 1995;XIII:71-74.
370. Vijayan VK, Sankaran K, Sharma SK, Misra NP. Chronic Lung inflammation in victims of toxic gas leak at Bhopal. Respir Med 1995;89:105-111.
371. Vijayan VK, Subramaniam P, Venkatesan P, Sankaran K, Gnanaguruparan KS. Characterization of airway inflammation in stable bronchial asthma. Lung India 1995;XIII:132-135.
** Abstracts not available