912. Krishnan N, Ananthakrishnan R, Augustine S, Vijayalakshmi NK, Gopi PG, Kumaraswami V, Narayanan PR. Impact of advocacy on the tuberculosis management practices of private practitioners in Chennai C ity , India . Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2009;13:112–118.
913. Ganga Devi NP, Shenbagavalli R, Ramesh K , Rathinam SN, Swaminathan S. Rapid progression of HIV infection in infancy. Indian Ped.2009;46:53-56.
914. Rajashree P, Krishnan G, Das SD. Impaired phenotype and function of monocyte derived dendritic cells in pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuberculosis.2009;89:77–83.
915. Vasantha M, Gopi PG, Subramani R. Weight gain in patients with tuberculosis treated under directly observed treatment short-course (DOTS). Indian J Tuberc.2009;56:5-9.
916. Narayanan S, Guleria JS. Reactivation and reinfection tuberculosis. Book published by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd., New Delhi on Tuberculosis. Second Edition. Ed. Sharma SK and Mohan A. 2009;656-664.
917. Balasubramanian R, Ramachandran R. Evolution of chemotherapeutic regimens in the treatment of tuberculosis and their scientific rationale. Book published by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd., New Delhi on Tuberculosis. Second Edition.Ed. Sharma SK and Mohan A. 2009;734-750.
918. Prabhu Anand S, Selvaraj P, Narayanan PR. Effect of 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D 3 on intracellular IFN- g and TNF- a positive T cell subsets in pulmonary tuberculosis. Cytokine.2009;45:105-110.
919. Boaz MJ, Hayes P, Tarragona T, Seamons L, Cooper A, Birungi J, Kitandwe P, Semaganda A, Kaleebu P, Stevens G, Anzala O, Farah B, Ogola S, Indangasi J, Mhlanga P, Van Eeden M, Thakar M, Pujari A, Mishra S, Goonetilleke N, Moore S, Mahmoud A, Sathyamoorthy P, Mahalingam J, Narayanan PR, Ramanathan VD, Cox JH, Dally L, Gill DK, Gilmour J. Concordant proficiency in measurement of T-cell immunity in Human immunodeficiency virus Vaccine clinical trials by peripheral blood mononuclear cell and enzyme-linked immunospot assays in laboratories from three continents. Clin Vaccine Immunol.2009;16:147-155.
920. Vidyarani M, Selvaraj P, Raghavan S, Narayanan PR. Regulatory role of 1, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D 3 and vitamin D receptor gene variants on intracellular granzyme A expression in pulmonary tuberculosis. Exp Mol Pathol.2009;86:69- 73.
921. Ramachandran R, Chandrasekaran V, Muniyandi M, Jaggarajamma K, Bagchi A, Sahu S. Cross-referral between HIV counselling and testing centres and smear microscopy centres in Tamil Nadu. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2009;13:221-225.
922. Supriya P , Das SD. Augmented chemokine levels and chemokine receptor expression on immune cells during pulmonary tuberculosis. Human Immunol. 2009;70:110-115.
923. Suhadev M, Nyamathi AM, Swaminathan S, Suresh A, Venkatesan P. Factors associated with willingness to participate in HIV vaccine trials among high-risk populations in south India . AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses.2009;25:217-224.
924. Rathinasabapati R . Digital Archiving in the Tuberculosis Research Centre: A Case Study. “7 th International CALIBER 2009 Conf. – E content Management: Challenges and Strategies”, Pondicherry University , Puducherry.2009;115-119.
925. Selvaraj P, Alagarasu K, Swaminathan S, Harishankar M, Narendran G. CD209 gene polymorphisms in south Indian HIV and HIV-TB patients. Infect Genet Evol. 2 009;9:256–262.
926. Aravindhan V, Christy AJ, Roy S, Ajitkumar P, Narayanan PR, Narayanan S. Mycobacterium tuberculosis groE promoter controls the expression of the bicistronic groESL1 operon and shows differential regulation under stress conditions. FEMS Microbiol Lett.2009;292:42-49.
927. Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Kumar P, Ramesh K , Anitha S, Narendran G, Menon P, Gomathi C, Swaminathan S. CYP2B6 G516T polymorphism but not rifampin coadministration influences steady-state pharmacokinetics of efavirenz in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients in south India. Antimicrob Agents Chemother.2009;53:863-868.
928. Alagarasu K, Selvaraj P, Swaminathan S, Narendran G, Narayanan PR. 5' regulatory and 3' untranslated region polymorphisms of vitamin D receptor gene in south Indian HIV and HIV-TB patients. J Clin Immunol.2009;29:196-204.
929. Madhavan J, Mitra M, Mallikarjuna K, Pranav O, Srinivasan R, Nagpal A, Venkatesan P, Kumaramanickavel G. KIF14 and E2F3 mRNA expression in human retinoblastoma and its phenotype association. Molecular Vision . 2009; 15:235-240.
930. Supriya P, Das SD, Selvaraj A. Differential up regulation of chemokine receptors on CD56 + NK-cells and their transmigration to the site of infection in tuberculous pleurisy. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol.2009;55:352-360.
931. Ramachandran G, Ramesh K , Hemanth Kumar AK, Jagan I, Vasantha M, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Rajasekaran S, Swaminathan S. Association of high T-allele frequency of CYP2B6 G516T polymorphism among ethnic south Indian HIV-infected patients with elevated plasma efavirenz and nevirapine. J Antimicrob Chemother.2009;63:841-843.
932. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V, Rahmah N, Dhananjayan G, Padma S. Antifilarial drugs, in the doses employed in mass drug administrations by the Global programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis, reverse lymphatic pathology in children with Brugia malayi infection. Ann Trop Med Parasitol.2009;103:235- 247.
933. Hemanth Kumar AK, Ramachandran G. Simple and rapid liquid chromatography method for determination of moxifloxacin in plasma. Journal of Chromatography B.2009;877:1205-1208.
934. Babu S, Bhat SQ, Pavan Kumar N, Lipira AB, Kumar S, Karthik C, Kumaraswami V, Nutman TB. Filarial lymphedema is characterized by antigen- specific Th1 and Th17 proinflammatory responses and a lack of regulatory T cells. PLoS Negl Trop Dis.2009;3:1-9.
935. Sulochana S, Mitchison DA, Kubendiren G, Venkatesan P, Paramasivan CN. Bactericidal activity of moxifloxacin on exponential and stationary phase cultures of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Chemother.2009;21:127-134.
936. Basirudeen S, Rajasekaran S, Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P, Paulkumaran P, Raja A. Role of Interferon gamma release assay in active TB diagnosis among HIV infected individuals. PLoS One.2009;4:1-7.
937. Wright A, Zignol M, Van Deun A, Falzon D, Gerdes SR, Feldman K, Hoffner S, Drobniewski F, Barrera L, van Soolingen D, Boulabhal F, Paramasivan CN, Kam KM, Mitarai S, Nunn P, Raviglione M; for the Global Project on Anti- Tuberculosis Drug Resistance Surveillance. Epidemiology of antituberculosis drug resistance 2002–07: an updated analysis of the global project on anti- tuberculosis drug resistance surveillance. The Lancet.2009;373:1861-1873.
938. Rao VG, Gopi PG, Bhat J, Yadav R, Wares DF. Role of BCG vaccination in tuberculosis control. Curr Sci.2009;96:1307-1308.
939. Hanna LE, Nayak K, Subramanyam S, Venkatesan P, Narayanan PR, Swaminathan S. Incomplete immunological recovery following anti-tuberculosis treatment in HIV-infected individuals with active tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res.2009;129:548-554.
940. Venkatesan P, Suresh ML. Breast cancer survival prediction using artificial neural network. Int J Comp Sci Network Sec.2009;9:169-174.
941. Raghavan S, Selvaraj P, Swaminathan S, Alagarasu K, Narendran G, Narayanan PR. Haplotype analysis of HLA-A, -B antigens and -DRB1 alleles in south Indian HIV-1- infected patients with and without pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Immunogenet.2009;36:129-133.
942. Radha G, Narayanan S, Chen B, Jacobs WR, Av-Gay Y. The serine/threonine protein kinase PknI controls the growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis upon infection.FEMS Microbiol Lett.2009;295:23-29.
943. Babu S, Kumaraswami V, Nutman TB. Alternatively activated and immunoregulatory monocytes in human filarial infections. J Infect Dis.2009;199:1827-1837.
944. Thomas BE, Chandra S, Selvi KJA, Suriyanarayanan D, Swaminathan S. Gender differences in sexual behaviour among people living with HIV in Chennai , India . Indian J Med Res.2009;129:690-694.
945. Shenoy RK, Rahmah N, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V, Thaslim AK, Gopu R. Relevance of anti BmR1 IgG4 antibodies in children from an area endemic for Brugia malayi infection in Kerala , India . J Commun Dis.2009;41:63-70.
946. Babu S, Bhat SQ, Kumar NP, Jayantasri S, Rukmani S, Kumaran P, Gopi PG, Kolappan C, Kumaraswami V, Nutman T. Human type 1 and 17 responses in latent tuberculosis are modulated by coincident filarial infection through ytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 and programmed death-1. Infect is.2009;200:288-298.
947. Babu S, Bhat SQ, Kumar NP, Anuradha R, Kumaran P, Gopi PG, Kolappan C, Kumaraswami V, Nutman TB. Attenuation of toll-like receptor expression and function in latent tuberculosis by coexistent filarial infection with restoration following antifilarial chemotherapy. PLoS Negl Trop Dis.2009;3:1-8.
948. Nyamathi A, Thomas B, Greengold B, Swaminathan S. Perceptions and health care needs of HIV-positive mothers in India . Prog Community Health Partnersh.2009;3:93-94. (Community policy brief)
949. Nyamathi A, Thomas B, Greengold B, Swaminathan S. Perceptions and health care needs of HIV-positive mothers in India . Prog Community Health Partnersh.2009;3:99-108.
950. Selvaraj P, Prabhu Anand S, Harishankar M, Alagarasu K. Plasma 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D3 level and expression of vitamin D receptor and cathelicidin in pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Immunol.2009;29:470–478.
951. Sekar B, Arunagiri K, Selvakumar N, Serena Preethi K, Menaka K. Low frequency of moaA3 gene among the clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry - south eastern coastal states of India. BMC Infect Dis.2009;9:1-6.
952. Banu Rekha VV, Ramachandran R, Kuppu Rao KV, Rahman F, Adhilakshmi AR, Kalaiselvi D, Murugesan P, Sundaram V, Narayanan PR. Assessment of long term status of sputum positive pulmonary TB patients successfully treated with short course chemotherapy. Indian J Tuberc.2009;56:132-140.
953. Ramesh Kumar S , Swaminathan S, Flanigan T, Mayer KH, Niaura R. HIV & smoking in India . Indian J Med Res.2009;130:15-22.
954. Ravanan R, Venkatesan P. A simulation study on uncertainties associated with back calculation methodology. Int J Inf Sci Comp.2009;3:47-52.
955. Kolappan C, Subramani R . Association between Biomass fuel and pulmonary tuberculosis: A nested case-control study. Thorax.2009;64:705-708.
956. Bhat J, Rao VG, Gopi PG, Yadav R, Selvakumar N, Tiwari B, Gadge V, Bhondeley MK, Wares F. Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis amongst the tribal population of Madhya Pradesh, Central India. Int J Epidemiol.2009; 38:1026-1032.
957. Thomas B, Mimiaga MJ, Menon S, Chandrasekaran V, Murugesan P, Swaminathan S, Mayer KH, Safren SA. Unseen and unheard: Predictors of sexual risk behavior and HIV infection among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Chennai , India . AIDS Educ Prev.2009;21:372-383.
958. Padmapriyadarsini C, Pooranagangadevi N, Chandrasekaran K, Subramanyan S, Thiruvalluvan C, Bhavani PK, Swaminathan S. Prevalence of underweight, stunting and wasting among children infected with human immunodeficiency virus in south India. Int J Ped.2009;1-5.
959. Supriya P, Priya R, Sudhakar R, Sulochana D. Phenotypic modulation in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infected neutrophil during tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res.2009;130:185-192.
960. Unissa AN, Selvakumar N, Hassan S. Analysis of pyrazinamide resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis by molecular docking. Bioinformation.2009;4:24-29.
961. Senbagavalli P, Geetha ST , Venkatesan P, Ramanathan VD. Defective solubilization of immune complexes and activation of the complement system in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:674–680.
962. Rao PV, Kumar MK, Basirudeen S, Sharma P, Swaminathan S, Raja A . Improved diagnosis of tuberculosi s in HIV-positive patients using RD1-encoded antigen CFP-10. Int J Infect Dis.2009;13:613-622.
963. Kumar V, Raghavan R, Nagamiah S, Chauhan LS. External quality assessment of smear microscopy by the National Reference Laboratory in nine states of India . Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2009;13:1183–1185.
964. Ramachandran R, Nalini S, Chandrasekar V, Dave PV, Sanghvi AS, Wares F, Paramasivan CN, Narayanan PR, Sahu S, Parmar M, Chadha S, Dewan P, Chauhan LS. Surveillance of drug-resistant tuberculosis in the state of Gujarat , India . Int J Tuberc Lung Dis.2009;13:1154–1160.
965. Ramachandran R, Balasubramanian R, Muniyandi M, Gopi PG. Do tuberculosis patients weighing less than 35kg need more attention? J Empirical Res Social Science.2009;4:33-39.
966. Raparti V, Chitre T, Bothara K, Kumar V, Dangre S, Khachane C, Gore S, Deshmane B. Novel 4-(morpholin-4-yl)-N0-(arylidene)benzohydrazides: Synthesis, anti-mycobacterial activity and QSAR investigations. Eur J Med Chem.2009;44:3954-3960.
967. Anand SP, Selvaraj P. Effect of 1, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D(3) on matrix metalloproteinases MMP-7, MMP-9 and the inhibitor TIMP-1 in pulmonary tuberculosis. Clin Immunol.2009;133:126-131.
968. Thomas B, Nyamathi A, Swaminathan S. Impact of HIV/AIDS on mothers in southern India : A qualitative study. AIDS Behav.2009;13:989-996.
969. Raghavan S, Selvaraj P, Swaminathan S, Narendran G. Association of HLA – A*1101 with resistance and B*4006 with susceptibility to HIV and HIV-TB: An in silico analysis of promiscuous T cell epitopes. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses.2009;25:1023-1028.
970. Jaggarajamma K, Balambal R, Muniyandi M, Vasantha M, Thomas B, Nirupa C, Sudha G, Chandrasekaran V, Wares F. Perceptions of tuberculosis patients about private providers before and after implementation of Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme. Indian J Tuberc.2009;56:185-190.
971. Alagarasu K, Selvaraj P, Raghavan S, Narendran G, Narayanan PR. CCR2, MCP-1, SDF-1 a and DC-sign gene polymorphisms in south Indian HIV-1 infected patients with and without tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res.2009;130:444-450.
972. Hemanth Kumar AK, Ramachandran G, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Anitha S, Subramanyam S, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Pharmacokinetics of lamivudine and stavudine in generic fixed-dose combinations in HIV-1 infected adults in India . Indian J Med Res.2009;130:451-457.
973. Kashi VP, Jacob RA, Paul S, Nayak K, Satish B, Swaminathan S, Satish KS, Ranga U. HIV-1 Tat-specific IgG antibodies in high-responders target a B-cell epitope in the cysteine-rich domain and block extracellular Tat efficiently. Vaccine.2009;27:6739-6747.
974. Ramanathan VD, Kumar M, Mahalingam J, Sathyamoorthy P, Narayanan PR, Solomon S, Panicali D, Chakrabarty S, Cox J, Sayeed E, Ackland J, Verlinde C, Vooijs D, Loughran K, Barin B, Lombardo A, Gilmour J, Stevens G, Smith MS, Tarragona-Fiol T, Hayes P, Kochhar S, Excler JL, Fast P. A Phase 1 study to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of a recombinant HIV type 1 subtype C- modified vaccinia Ankara virus vaccine candidate in Indian volunteers. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses.2009;25:1107-1116.
975. Lakshmi R, Karunaianantham R, Narayanan PR, Swaminathan S. Antiretroviral drug-resistant mutations at baseline and at time of failure of antiretroviral therapy in HIV type 1-coinfected TB patients. AIDS Res Human Retroviruses.2009; 25:1179-1185.
976. Thomas B, Mimiaga MJ, Mayer KH, Johnson CV, Menon S, Chandrasekaran V, Murugesan P, Swaminathan S, Safren SA. HIV prevention interventions in Chennai , India : Are men who have sex with men being reached? AIDS Patient Care STDs.2009;23:981-986.
977. Vijay S, Swaminathan S, Vaidyanathan P, Thomas A, Chauhan LS, Kumar P, Chiddarwar S, Thomas B, Dewan PK. Feasibility of provider-initiated HIV testing and counselling of tuberculosis patients under the TB control programme in two districts of South India . PLoS One.2009;4:1-7.
978. Venkatesan P, Suresh ML. Classification of renal failure using simplified fuzzy adaptive resonance theory map. Int J Com`put Sci Network Sec.2009;9:129-134.
979. Ragunath PK , Venkatesan P, Ravimohan R. New curriculum design model for bioinformatics postgraduate program using systems biology approach. J Comput Sci Syst Biol.2009;2:300-305.
980. Banu Rekha VV, Jagarajamma K, Wares F, Chandrasekaran V, Swaminathan S . Contact screening and chemoprophylaxis in India 's Revised Tuberculosis Control Programme: a situational analysis. Int J Tuber Lung Dis.2009;13:1507–1512.
981. Dey B, Jain R, Khera A, Rao V, Dhar N, Gupta UD, Katoch VM, Ramanathan VD, Tyagi AK. Boosting with a DNA vaccine expressing ESAT-6 (DNAE6) obliterates the protection imparted by recombinant BCG (rBCGE6) against aerosol Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in guinea pigs. Vaccine.2009;28: 63-70.
982. Thomas BE, Dewan PK , Vijay S, Thomas A, Chauhan LS, Chandrasekaran V, Vaidyanathan P, Swaminathan S. Perceptions of tuberculosis patients on provider-initiated HIV testing and counseling - A study from south India . PLoS ONE.2009;4:1-7.
983. Harini L, Rajaram A, Narayanan S. Involvement of serine threonine protein kinase, PknL, from Mycobacterium tuberculosis H 37 Rv in starvation response of J Microb Biochem Tech.2009;1:30-36.
984. Safren SA, Thomas BE, Mimiaga MJ, Chandrasekaran V, Menon S, Swaminathan S, Mayer KH. Depressive symptoms and human immunodeficiency virus risk behavior among men who have sex with men in Chennai , India . Psychol Health Med.2009;14:705-715.
985. Ramachandran R, Muniyandi M. Utilisation of effective communication channels for tuberculosis control: Emerging scenario in south India . Chapter-7 in the book titled, “Contemporary discourses on IEC theory & practice”, Published by – NOVA Science Publication, N.Y. 2009; 01-111. (Edited by Theophilus K Gokah (ISBN: 978-1- 60962-360-363).
986. Swaminathan S, Banu Rekha VV. Drugs used in tuberculosis and leprosy. 30 th chapter in a book entitled “Side effects of drugs Annuals”, Edition 31, published by - Elsevier, 2009:501-511.
987. Hassan S, Vasantha M, Kumar V. Synonymous codon usage analysis of thirty two mycobacteriophage genomes. Advances in Bioinformatics; 2009; 1-11.
** - Abstracts not available