372. Burri H, Loutan L, Kumaraswami V, Vijayasekaran V. Skin changes in chronic lymphatic filariasis. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 1996;90:671-674.
373. Herbert D, Paramasivan CN, Venkatesan P, Kubendiran G, Prabhakar R, Mitchison DA. Bactericidal action of ofloxacin, sulbactam-ampicillin, rifampin, and isoniazid on logarithmic- and stationary-phase cultures of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1996;40:2296-2299.
374. Kamala T, Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R. Immune response and modulation of immune response induced in the guineapigs by Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) & M. fortuitum complex isolates from different sources in the south Indian BCG trial area. Indian J Med Res 1996;103:201-211.
375. Mahanty S, Luke HE, Kumaraswami V, Narayanan PR, Vijayshekaran V, Nutman TB. Stage-specific induction of cytokines regulates the immune response in lymphatic filariasis. Exp Parasitol 1996;84:282-290. **
376. Mahanty S, Mollis SN, Ravichandran M, Abrams JS, Kumaraswami V, Jayaraman K, Ottesen EA, Nutman TB. High levels of spontaneous and parasite antigen-driven interleukin-10 production are associated with antigen-specific hyporesponsiveness in human lymphatic filariasis. J Infect Dis 1996;173:769-773. **
377. Paramasivan CN. Extrapulmonary tuberculosis. ICMR Bulletin 1996;3:1-4. **
378. Paramasivan CN, Herbert D, Prabhakar R. BCG: Do we have an alternative? Indian J Tuber 1996;43:3-10. **
379. Paramasivan CN, Kamala T, Herbert D. Appraisal of techniques for identification and characterization of non-tuberculous mycobacteria. Indian J Tuber 1996;43:67-74.
380. Prabhakar R. Tuberculosis - the continuing scourge of India. Indian J Med Res 1996;103:19-25. **
381. Rajamma KJ, Rao VB, Narayana ASL, Ramachandran R, Prabhakar R. Health seeking behaviour, acceptability of available health facilities and knowledge about tuberculosis in a tribal area. Indian J Tuber 1996;43:195-199.
382. Ramu G, Kartikeyan S, Balakrishnan S, Patil SA, Ramanathan VD, Desikan KV. Histological and immunological correlates of suspected leprosy lesions. Indian J Lep 1996;68:155-159.
383. Selvaraj P, Reetha AM, Uma H, Xavier T, Janardhanam B, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Influence of HLA-DR and -DO phenotypes on tuberculin reactive status in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Tubercle Lung Dis 1996;77:369-373.
384. Subramanian T, Charles N, Balasubramanian R, Sundaram V, Ganapathy S, Dharmaraj D. Role and acceptability of traditional birth attendants (DAIS) in a rural community in south India. Indian J Preventive and Social Med 1996;27: 109-116.
385. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Seven year findings of short-course chemotherapy in 18 districts in India under district tuberculosis programme. Indian J Tuber 1996;43:131-142.
386. Vijayan VK. Global emergency. Lung India 1996;XIV:109-112. **
387. Vijayan VK. Bronchial asthma - problems and challenges. Lung India 1996;XIV:57-59. **
388. Vijayan VK. Methyl isocyanate toxicity : A review of animal experimental studies. 2. Long term effects. Lung India 1996;XIV:38-41.
389. Vijayan VK, Paramasivan CN, Sankaran K. Comparison of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid with sputum culture in the diagnosis of sputum smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1996;43:179-182.
390. Vishwanath V, Narayanan PR. Mycobactericidal nature of human monocytes in vitro. Curr Sci 1996;70:970-975.
391. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Thilothammal N, Paramasivan CN. Isolation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from cerebrospinal fluid by the centrifugation & filtration methods. Indian J Med Res 1996;103:250-252.
392. Vijayan VK, Sankaran K. Relationship between lung inflammation, changes in lung function and severity of exposure in victims of the Bhopal tragedy. Eur Respir J 1996;9:1977–1982.
393. Balasubramanian R. Feasibility of utilising traditional birth attendants in DTP. Indian J Tuber 1997;44:133-135.
394. Balasubramanian R, Nagarajan M, Balambal R, Tripathy SP, Sundararaman R, Venkatesan P, Paramasivam CN, Rajasambandam P, Rangabashyam N, Prabhakar R. Randomised controlled clinical trial of short course chemotherapy in abdominal tuberculosis: a five-year report. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:44-51.
395. De Britto RL, Ramanathan VD, Gupte MD. Regional lymphadenitis following antileprosy vaccine BCG with killed Mycobacterium leprae . Int J Lepr 1997;65:12-19.
396. Devallois A, Picardeau M, Paramasivan CN, Vincent V, Rastogi N. Molecular characterization of Mycobacterium avium complex isolates giving discordant results in AccuProbe tests by PCR-restriction enzyme analysis, 16S rRNA gene sequencing, and DT1-DT6 PCR. J Clin Microbiol 1997;35:2767-2772.
397. Gopi PG, Vallishayee RS, Appe Gowda BN, Paramasivan CN, Ranganatha S, Venkataramu KV, Phaniraj BS, Krishnamacharya L, Devan J, Ponnusamy R, Komaleeswaran G, Prabhakar R. A tuberculosis prevalence survey based on symptoms questioning and sputum examination. Indian J Tuber 1997;44:171-180.
398. Immanuel C, Swamy R, Kannapiran M, Vijayalakshmi S, Sundaram V, Jagannath K, Paramasivan CN. Neopterin as a marker for cell-mediated immunity in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:175-180.
399. Kumar V, Selvakumar N, Jawahar MS, Rajaram K, Paramasivan CN. Transportation of lymph node biopsy specimens in selective Kirchner's liquid medium for culture of tubercle bacilli. J Med Microbiol 1997;46:260-262.
400. Narayanan S, Sahadevan R, Narayanan PR. Isolation and characterization of an insertion element-like repetitive sequence specific for Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex. Curr Sci 1997;73:259-266.
401. Narayanan S, Sahadevan R, Narayanan PR, Krishnamurthy PV, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Restriction fragment length polymorphism of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains from various regions of India, using direct repeat probe. Indian J Med Res 1997;106:447-454.
402. Paramasivan CN, Venkataraman P, Herbert D. Minimal inhibitory concentrations of sulbactam/ampicillin against drug sensitive and drug resistant isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Microbios 1997;89:135-141.
403. Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Venkatesan P, Sivasubramanian S, Soundarapandian S, Shanmugasundaram TK, Prabhakar R. Short-course chemotherapy in the treatment of Pott's paraplegia: report on five year follow-up. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:152-158.
404. Rajeswari R, Chandrasekaran K, Thiruvalluvan E, Rajaram K, Sudha G, Sivasubramanian S, Santha T, Prabhakar R. Study of the feasibility of involving male student volunteers in case holding in an urban tuberculosis programme. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:573-575.
405. Rajeswari R, Ranjani R, Santha T, Sriram K, Prabhakar R. Late onset paraplegia--a sequela to Pott's disease. A report on imaging, prevention and management. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:468-473.
406. Ramachandran P, Duraipandian M, Reetha AM. A 5 year follow-up study of children treated for tuberculous meningitis with short course chemotherapy. Indian J Tuber 1997;44:125-127.
407. Ramachandran P, Kripasankar AS, Reetha AM, Mahalakshmi SM, Prabhakar R. Short course chemotherapy study in tuberculous meningitis in children. Indian J Tuber 1997;44:195-200.
408. Ravichandran M, Mahanty S, Kumaraswami V, Nutman TB, Jayaraman K. Elevated IL-10 mRNA expression and downregulation of Th1-type cytokines in microfilaraemic individuals with Wuchereria bancrofti infection. Parasite Immunol 1997;19:69-77.
409. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Krishnamurthy PV, Prabhakar R, Murthy PS. In vitro susceptibility of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to trifluoperazine. Curr Sci 1997;73:79-80.
410. Selvakumar N, Kumar V, Paramasivan CN. In vitro susceptibility of clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to cefadroxil-a cephalosporin antibiotic. Indian J Med Res 1997;105:58-60.
411. Selvakumar N, Wilson SM, McNerney R, Narayanan PR. Single strand conformation polymorphism profiles with biotinylated PCR products to detect mutations in rpoB gene of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Curr Sci 1997;73:774-777.
412. Selvaraj P, Kannapiran M, Reetha AM, Uma H, Xavier T, Narayanan PR. HLA-DR2 phenotype and plasma lysozyme, b -glucuronidase and acid phosphatase levels in pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:265-269.
413. Selvaraj P, Uma H, Reetha AM, Xavier T, Venkatesan P, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Association of HLA-class I antigens and haplotypes with relapse of pulmonary tuberculosis in patients treated with short course chemotherapy. Indian J Tuber 1997;44:9-12.
414. Suma TK, Shenoy RK, Varghese J, Kuttikkal VV, Kumaraswami V. Estimation of ASO titer as an indicator of streptococcal infection precipitating acute adenolymphangitis in brugian lymphatic filariasis. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1997;28:826-830.
415. Suresh S, Kumaraswami V, Suresh I, Rajesh K, Suguna G, Vijayasekaran V, Ruckmani A, Rajamanickam MG. Ultrasonographic diagnosis of subclinical filariasis. J Ultrasound Med 1997;16:45-49. **
416. Swaminathan S, Vijayan VK, Venkatesan P, Kuppurao KV. Aerobic capacity and cardiopulmonary response to exercise in healthy south Indian children. Indian Pediatr 1997;34:112-118.
417. Thomas B, Shanmngam GR, Jawahar MS, Sivasubramaniam S, Shantha T. Role of non-governmental organisations in tuberculosis control. Indian J Tuber 1997;44:213-215. **
418. Tuberculosis Research Centre. A controlled clinical trial of oral short-course regimens in the treatment of sputum-positive pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1997;1:509-517.
419. Vijayan VK. Bronchoalveolar lavage studies in pulmonary tuberculosis. Lung India 1997;XV:5-7. **
420. Vijayan VK. Parasitic lung diseases. Lung India 1997;XV:49-53. **
421. Vijayan VK. Cardio-pulmonary exercise testing. Lung India 1997;XV:105-111. **
422. Vishwanath V, Meera R, Puvanakrishnan R, Narayanan PR. Fate of Mycobacterium tuberculosis inside rat peritoneal macrophages in vitro . Mol Cell Biochem 1997;175:169-175.
423. Wilkinson RJ, Haslov K, Rappuoli R, Giovannoni F, Narayanan PR, Desai CR, Vordermeier HM, Paulsen J, Pasvol G, Ivanyi J, Singh M. Evaluation of the recombinant 38-kilodalton antigen of Mycobacterium tuberculosis as a potential immunodiagnostic reagent. J Clin Microbiol 1997;35:553-557. **
424. Zimmerman PA, Buckler-White A, Alkhatib G, Spalding T, Kubofcik J, Combadiere C, Weissman D, Cohen O, Rubbert A, Lam G, Vaccarezza M, Kennedy PE, Kumaraswami V, Giorgi JV, Detels R, Hunter J, Chopek M, Berger EA, Fauci AS, Nutman TB, Murphy PM. Inherited resistance to HIV-1 conferred by an inactivating mutation in CC chemokine receptor 5: studies in populations with contrasting clinical phenotypes, defined racial background, and quantified risk. Mol Med 1997;3:23-36. **
425. Das SD, Narayanan PR, Kolappan C, Colston MJ. The cytokine response to Bacille Calmette Guérin vaccination in south India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1998;2:836-843. **
426. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Venkatesan P, Chandrasekaran V, Narayanan PR. Simple spectrofluorimetric and microbiological assay methods for the estimation of ofloxacin in biological fluids. Indian J Pharmacol 1998;30: 283-288.
427. Kumar V, Selvakumar N, Venkatesan P, Chandrasekaran V, Paramasivan CN, Prabhakar R. Bioluminescence assay of adenosine triphosphate in drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Indian J Med Res 1998;107:75-77.
428. Narayanan S. Polymerase chain reaction in clinical practice. I.A.P. J Pract Pediatr 1998;6:209-213. **
429. Narayanan S, Cox RA, Colston MJ, Narayanan PR. Identification of the promoter of amidase gene for expression of useful, mycobacterial genes. Proceedings of the Workshop on “Tuberculosis Research : In to the 21st century". 1998:170-172. **
430. Paramasivan CN. An overview on drug resistant tuberculosis in India. Indian J Tuber 1998;45:73-81. **
431. Paramasivan CN. Laboratory diagnosis of childhood tuberculosis. I.A.P. J Pract Pediatr 1998;6:103-105. **
432. Paramasivan CN. Rapid methods for culture of mycobacteria. Proceedings of the XXII National Congress of Indian Assn Med Microbiol 1998:I-IV. **
433. Paramasivan CN. Study on environmental mycobacteria obtained from south Indian BCG trial area. Proceedings of the Workshop on “Tuberculosis Research : In to the 21st century". 1998:75-81. **
434. Paramasivan CN. Tuberculosis: Epidemiology and diagnosis. Proceedings of the TCDC International Training on Emerging trends in the diagnosis of infectious diseases 1998:39-49. **
435. Paramasivan CN, Kubendiran G, Herbert D. Action of metronidazole in combination with isoniazid & rifampicin on persisting organisms in experimental murine tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 1998;108:115-119.
436. Ramachandran P, Kripasankar AS, Duraipandian M. Short course chemotherapy for pulmonary tuberculosis in children. Indian J Tuber 1998;45:83-87.
437. Ramachandran R. Diagnosis and management of tuberculosis of the spine. Karnataka Med J 1998;68:30-36. **
438. Ramanathan V, Thyagi P, Ramanathan U, Katoch K, Ramu G. A sequential study of circulating immune complexes, complement and immunoglobulins in borderline tuberculoid leprosy patients with and without reactions. Indian J Lepr 1998;70:153-160.
439. Ramanathan VD. Studies on the immunopathology of tuberculosis. Proceedings of the Workshop on “Tuberculosis Research : In to the 21st century". 1998;133-137. **
440. Selvakumar N, Ding BC, McNerney R, Wilson SM, Narayanan PR. Use of streptavidin magnetic beads in single strand conformation polymorphism profiles to detect mutations in rpoB gene of M. tuberculosis . Proceedings of the Workshop on “Tuberculosis Research : In to the 21st century". 1998:163-170. **
441. Selvaraj P, Hill AVS, Narayanan PR, Reetha AM, Colston MJ. Non-HLA gene polymorphism in pulmonary tuberculosis. Procedings of the workshop on “Tuberculosis Research : In to the 21st century". 1998:184-188. **
442. Selvaraj P, Uma H, Reetha AM, Kurian SM, Xavier T, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. HLA antigen profile in pulmonary tuberculosis patients & their spouses. Indian J Med Res 1998;107:155-158.
443. Selvaraj P, Uma H, Reetha AM, Xavier T, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Influence of HLA-DR2 phenotype on humoral immunity & lymphocyte response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis culture filtrate antigens in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 1998;107:208-217. **
444. Shenoy R, George LM, John A, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V. Treatment of microfilaraemia in asymptomatic brugian filariasis: the efficacy and safety of the combination of single doses of ivermectin and diethylcarbamazine. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 1998;92:579-585.**
445. Shenoy RK, Suma TK, Rajan K, Kumaraswami V. Prevention of acute adenolymphangitis in brugian filariasis: comparison of the efficacy of ivermectin and diethylcarbamazine, each combined with local treatment of the affected limb. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 1998;92:587-594. **
446. Shenoy RK, Varghese J, Kuttikkal VV, Kumaraswam V. The efficacy, tolerability and safety of diethylcarbamazine-fortified salt in the treatment of the microfilaraemias of brugian filariasis: an open, hospital-based study. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 1998;92:285-293.
447. Venkataraman P, Herbert D, Paramasivan CN. Evaluation of the BACTEC radiometric method in the early diagnosis of tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 1998;108:120-127.
448. Vishwanath V, Narayanan S, Narayanan PR. The fate of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in activated human macrophages. Curr Sci 1998;75:942-946.
449. Gopi PG, Subramani R, Govindaraj MS. Quality of symptom elicitation in an epidemiological survey on tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1999;46:261-264. **
450. Gopinath R, Hanna LE, Kumaraswami V, Pillai SV, Kavitha V, Vijayasekaran V, Rajasekharan A, Nutman TB. Long-term persistence of cellular hyporesponsiveness to filarial antigens after clearance of microfilaremia. Am J Trop Med Hyg 1999;60:848-853.**
451. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Vijayalakshmi S, Kumar AK, Venkatesan P, Chandrasekaran V, Vijasekaran V, Kumaraswami V, R Prabhakar. Bioavailability of rifampicin, isoniazid and pyrazinamide in a triple drug formulation: comparison of plasma and urine kinetics. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1999;3:119-125.
452. Hari L, Suryanarayanan D, Thomas A, Joseph P. An assessment of the value of midfinger smears in multibacillary leprosy patients. Lepr Review 1999;70:47-51.
453. Jayasankar K, Ramanathan VD. Biochemical & histochemical changes relating to fibrosis following, infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the guineapig. Indian J Med Res 1999;110:91-97.
454. Mathew S, Narayanan A, Segaran R, Paramasivan CN. Early results from indirect drug susceptibility test for tubercle bacilli. Indian J Med Res 1999;109:167-169.
455. Paramasivan CN. Newer methods for the diagnosis of childhood tuberculosis. Pediatr Today 1999;II:54-59. **
456. Parthasarathy R, Sriram K, Santha T, Prabhakar R, Somasundaram PR, Sivasubramanian S. Short-course chemotherapy for tuberculosis of the spine. A comparison between ambulant treatment and radical surgery - ten-year report. J Bone Joint Surg 1999;81-B:464-471.
457. Rajeswari R, Balasubramanian R, Muniyandi M, Geetharamani S, Thresa X, Venkatesan P. Socio-economic impact of tuberculosis on patients and family in India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1999;3:869-877.
458. Ramachandran G, Gurumurthy P, Narayanan PR, Mahadevan U. Cytochrome P-450 in drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Curr Sci 1999;76:1231-1234.
459. Ramanathan V, Jawahar MS, Paramasivan CN, Rajaram K, Chandrasekar K, Kumar V, Palanimurugan K, Prabhakar R. A histological spectrum of host responses in tuberculous lymphadenitis. Indian J Med Res 1999;109:212-220.
460. Ravikumar M, Dheenadhayalan V, Rajaram K, Lakshmi SS, Kumaran PP, Paramasivan CN, Balakrishnan K, Pitchappan RM. Associations of HLA-DRB1, DQB1 and DPB1 alleles with pulmonary tuberculosis in south India. Tuber Lung Dis 1999;79:309-317.
461. Selvaraj P, Narayanan PR, Reetha AM. Association of functional mutant homozygotes of the mannose binding protein gene with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis in India. Tuber Lung Dis 1999;79:221-227.
462. Shakila H, Jayashankar K, Ramanathan VD. The clearance of tubercle bacilli & mycobacterial antigen vis a vis the granuloma in different organs of guineapigs. Indian J Med Res 1999;110:4-10.
463. Shenoy RK, Dalia S, John A, Suma TK, Kumaraswami V. Treatment of the microfilaraemia of asymptomatic brugian filariasis with single doses of ivermectin, diethylcarbamazine or albendazole, in various combinations. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 1999;93:643-651. **
464. Subramanian T, Charles N, Balasubramanian R, Balambal R, Sundaram V, Ganapathy S, Prabhakar R. Knowledge of tuberculosis in a south Indian rural community, initially and after health education. Indian J Tuber 1999;46:251-254.
465. Sulochana S, Venkataraman P, Paramasivan CN. Evaluation of various methods of susceptibility to ofloxacin in strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis . Indian J Med Res 1999;110:186-189.
466. Swaminathan S. Tuberculosis and the immune response in children. Indian Acad Pediatr 1999;5&6:17-24. **
467. Swaminathan S. Pulmonary function testing in office practice. Indian J Pediatr 1999;66:905-914.
468. Swaminathan S, Gong J, Zhang M, Samten B, Hanna LE, Narayanan PR, Barnes PF . Cytokine production in children with tuberculous infection and disease. Clin Infect Dis 1999;28:1290-1293.
469. Swaminathan S, Umadevi P, Shantha S, Radhakrishnan A, Datta M. Sero diagnosis of tuberculosis in children using two ELISA kits. Indian J Pediatr 1999;66:837-842.
470. Thomas B, Suryanaarayanan D, Ganapathy S. Treatment compliance in relation to sources of referral and initial reaction to the diagnosis of tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1999;46:179-182.
471. Tuberculosis Research Centre. Fifteen year follow up of trial of BCG vaccines in south India for tuberculosis prevention. Indian J Med Res 1999;110:56-69. **
472. Uma H, Selvaraj P, Reetha AM, Xavier T, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Influence of HLA-DR antigens on lymphocyte response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis culture filtrate antigens and mitogens in pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuber Lung Dis 1999;79:199-206.
473. Uma H, Selvaraj P, Reetha AM, Xavier T, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Antibody and lymphocyte responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis culture filtrate antigens in active and quiescent (cured) pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Tuber 1999;46:21-28.
474. Uma H, Selvaraj P, Reetha AM, Xavier T, Prabhakar R, Narayanan PR. Lymphocytotoxic antibodies & immunity in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res 1999;109:5-10.
475. Vijaya R, Kannapiran M, Selvam R. Oxalate-induced and cell-cycle-dependent expression of nuclear pore complex oxalate binding protein gp210. Biochem Biophys Res Comm 1999;266:72-75.
** Abstract not available